Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 5.4.3
[Shuriken] ParticleSystem.time is reset when parent transform moves when not in play mode
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached project and "ParticleSystemSimulateRepro.scene" in it.
2. Play the scene to see expected behavior.
3. Exit play mode and select "Init" GameObject in the Hierarchy.
4. In the Inspector press "Start" button and notice that the red pfx are not visible.
Expected behavior: Particles are visible if the parent transform moves.
Actual behavior: Particles are not visible due to ParticleSystem.time reset when parent transform moves.
Reproducible: 5.5.0a5, 5.4.0f3, 5.3.6p2
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Windows High DPI scaling breaks Graphics.DrawTexture
- Particle system billboard particles are invisible when specific "3D Start Rotation" with "Random Between 2 Constants" is applied
- Preview Camera has wrong CameraType when Camera preview is present on Scene View
- Scaling the box in Events Example of ExtOSC plugin causes Unity to crash
- [HDRP] The Game Object is invisible in the Scene and Shader Graph prieview when the Transform node set World to Object position