Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.3.0
[Shuriken] Null reference exception at UnityEditor.CurveSelection.get_curve () when modifying particle curve
Modifying two particle curves sometimes leads to an null reference exception, forcing the user to restart the editor.
Repro steps: (best observed in the attached gif, as the process is a bit convoluted)
1. Enable both Size over lifetime (green) and size by speed (red) curves.
2. In the curve editor, move the leftmost key of the green curve down a bit.
3. Select the red curve and press the minus key to hide it.
4. Reselect the red curve.
5. Select the green curve and press the minus key to hide it.
6. Add a key at the very start of the red curve (where the cursor is almost over the size field and changes to a text cursor.
7. Reselect the green curve so both curves are visible.
8. Drag the green curve's leftmost key up to overlap with the red curve's new key.
9. Null reference exception.
Expected outcome: curve manipulation to now throw a null reference exception.
- appears to be a regression; could not repro in Version 5.3.3f1 (910d71450a97)
- I stumbled upon this by adding lots of key frames and playing with the plus and minus signs in the curve inspector. Other combinations might be possible to cause the same issue.
- Editor log attached.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Universal RP] ProcessEvent method throws errors at material selection when "Rendering Path" is "Deferred" and "Render Scale" value isn't 1
- User gets errors in the console when enters longer tag title
- “UnityException: Could not find the requested Platform Texture Settings” is thrown when multi-selecting textures
- Light's Culling Mask does not work with Scriptable Renderer Feature when having only one Culling Mask
- "TouchScreenKeyboard.hideInput" triggers numerous errors & breaks function when built for Android