Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.3.X
[Shuriken] Culled particle systems cause CPU spikes when re-entering view after some time
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open the attached project "ParticleRendered.zip" and the profiler window
2. Go into hierarchy and note that particles are looping, but Prewarm is DISABLED.
3. Start the Scene scene
4. Use the left/right arrows to rotate the camera, rotate the camera until the particles are not visible anymore
4. Let it run for 2+ minutes
5. Rotate the camera back to the particles, keeping an eye on the profiler
6. Notice spikes in Camera.Render.Culling.SceneCulling.CullSendEvents.ParticleSystem.Prewarm
Expected results: Prewarm does not build up over time
Actual results: It slowly build up
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- OnActiveBuildTargetChanged is not called when changing the build platform
- Silent crash when scripts are recompiled on a specific project
- [Android] Video freezes when built for Android with specific project
- UI element is not displayed when Canvas Render Mode is set to Screen Space-Overlay
- Editor crashes on libetc_init when changing WebGL Texture Format to "RGB + 1-bit Alpha Compressed ETC2 4 bits"