Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.1.X
Fixed in 2019.4.X, 2020.3.X
Shadows are flickering when Scene is offset from origin and Camera has a low near clip plane
1. Open the user's attached project "914797-ShadowsFlicker.zip"
2. In the Project window under the "Assets/Scenes" open "SampleScene.unity"
3. Enter Play mode
Expected result: Shadows remain static in relation to their objects
Actual result: Shadows are moving randomly in relation to their objects
Reproducible with: 2018.4.27f1, 2019.4.11f1, 2020.1.7f1, 2020.2.0b5
-The scene is offset from the origin. It's at (0,0,4000). The near clip plane of the camera was also reduced to 0.01
-The camera has a simple script slowly rotating it
-This behavior is reduced if the near plane is pushed farther and when the scene is moved closer to the origin or if the camera doesn't move
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Android] Excessive Z-fighting occurs between two polygons when on Android
- Empty string is returned when using AssetImporter.userData
- Nested coroutines get stopped when calling StopCoroutine()
- Crash on GfxDeviceD3D12Base::DrawBuffersCommon while using Direct3D12 as the graphics API and trying to read from _CameraDepthTexture
- Mixed cached shadows on directional lights not working correctly when cascade count is set to "2"