Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.1.X
Fixed in 2019.4.X, 2020.3.X
Shadows are flickering when Scene is offset from origin and Camera has a low near clip plane
1. Open the user's attached project "914797-ShadowsFlicker.zip"
2. In the Project window under the "Assets/Scenes" open "SampleScene.unity"
3. Enter Play mode
Expected result: Shadows remain static in relation to their objects
Actual result: Shadows are moving randomly in relation to their objects
Reproducible with: 2018.4.27f1, 2019.4.11f1, 2020.1.7f1, 2020.2.0b5
-The scene is offset from the origin. It's at (0,0,4000). The near clip plane of the camera was also reduced to 0.01
-The camera has a simple script slowly rotating it
-This behavior is reduced if the near plane is pushed farther and when the scene is moved closer to the origin or if the camera doesn't move
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Animator with nested avatar root show missing properties in the Animation Window
- System.Threading.Task tasks cause stall when used in WebGL
- [Package Manager] Access denied when installing some packages
- SerializedProperty.DataEquals returns true for two strings that are different
- Prefab is glitchy when editing in Prefab Mode in a custom UI Environment