Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.1.X
Fixed in 2019.4.X, 2020.3.X
Shadows are flickering when Scene is offset from origin and Camera has a low near clip plane
1. Open the user's attached project "914797-ShadowsFlicker.zip"
2. In the Project window under the "Assets/Scenes" open "SampleScene.unity"
3. Enter Play mode
Expected result: Shadows remain static in relation to their objects
Actual result: Shadows are moving randomly in relation to their objects
Reproducible with: 2018.4.27f1, 2019.4.11f1, 2020.1.7f1, 2020.2.0b5
-The scene is offset from the origin. It's at (0,0,4000). The near clip plane of the camera was also reduced to 0.01
-The camera has a simple script slowly rotating it
-This behavior is reduced if the near plane is pushed farther and when the scene is moved closer to the origin or if the camera doesn't move
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- ShaderUtil.GetShaderData(shader).SubshaderCount does not count unsupported subshader
- GameObject.GetComponents returns the wrong number of components
- GUI button looks different from Editor in a Build
- Live Profiler Timeline keeps losing frame data while scrolling inside Profiler window
- Input.mouseScrollDelta.y is not correctly mapped to mouse wheel when running an iOS app on Apple Silicon Mac