Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 6.7.0
Found in [Package]
Shadow caster count differs form builtin with same settings
Using LWRP, shadow casters are more, this seems to be something to do with the shadow culling of SRP. In builtin pipeline we get less shadow casters with the same settings.
1. open attatched project
2. check shadow casters either in the stats or the frame debugger, make note
3. switch to LWRP by asigning the lightweight asset, change the 'New Material' shader to 'Lightweight Render Pipeline/Lit'
4. check the shadow casters in the frame debugger
Expected outcome: The shadow caster count should be the same as they have the same settings
Actual outcome: In LWRP there a number of extra shadow caster drawcalls
Repoed in Unity 2018.3.0b4 & LWRP 4.0.1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [iOS] SystemInfo.systemMemorySize returns negative values
- [Physics Debugger] Colliders are visualized even if their Layer is not selected in the Show Layers property
- Crash on PAL_LocalIPC_IsConnected when IPC fails on launch
- [macOS] Video Player's 5.1 audio channel layout is incorrect when outputting to Audio Source
- AssetDatabase is overwriting GUIDs