Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 6.7.0
Found in [Package]
Shadow caster count differs form builtin with same settings
Using LWRP, shadow casters are more, this seems to be something to do with the shadow culling of SRP. In builtin pipeline we get less shadow casters with the same settings.
1. open attatched project
2. check shadow casters either in the stats or the frame debugger, make note
3. switch to LWRP by asigning the lightweight asset, change the 'New Material' shader to 'Lightweight Render Pipeline/Lit'
4. check the shadow casters in the frame debugger
Expected outcome: The shadow caster count should be the same as they have the same settings
Actual outcome: In LWRP there a number of extra shadow caster drawcalls
Repoed in Unity 2018.3.0b4 & LWRP 4.0.1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- "Unknown managed type referenced" error is thrown on Play Mode enter with Profiler recording
- CapsuleCast from certain positions fails to detect a hit
- ShaderUtil.GetShaderData(shader).SubshaderCount does not count unsupported subshader
- GameObject.GetComponents returns the wrong number of components
- GUI button looks different from Editor in a Build