Search Issue Tracker
Postponed means that the issue was either a feature request or something that requires major refactoring on our side. Since that makes the issue not actionable in the close future we choose to close it as Postponed and add it on our internal roadmaps and technical debt pages instead.
Shadow artifacts when Filtering Quality of Shadows under Lighting in HDRP High Fidelity settings is High
1. Open the user's attached project "tessTest.zip"
2. Focus on "Plane", "Plane (1)", or "Plane (2)" in the Hierarchy window (make sure you are viewing it from the front)
3. Move towards and away from the plane in the Scene view
Expected result: No moving shadow artifacts
Actual result: Circular shadow artifact movement is seen
Reproducible with: 12.1.5 (2021.2.15f1), 13.1.7 (2022.1.0b11), 14.0.0 (2022.2.0a7)
Could not test with: 7.7.1 (2019.4.36f1), 10.8.1 (2020.3.30f1) (Broken textures when downgrading/remaking project)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Linux][Mono] Crash on mono_exception_walk_trace when entering the Play Mode
- Memory usage rapidly increases when capturing a GameObject with a Line Renderer Component using Texture2D.ReadPixels
- Texture streaming causes all textures to be point filtered in Player when using Direct3D12 API
- [DXR] GPU memory leaks when Renderer.rayTracingMode is set to UnityEngine.Experimental.Rendering.RayTracingMode.DynamicGeometry
- RegisterValueChangeCallback is not called when changing the PropertyField value
There is currently a fix for area lights, this issue is postponed until it fixes punctual and directional lights as well