Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.1.X
Fixed in 2020.3.X
Shaders take a lot of memory at runtime even when only one variant is used
1. Make a new project from 3D template
2. Put the attached shader into the assets, create a material, assign the shader to the material.
3. Create a cube, assign the material from the previous step to the cube.
4. Build and run (development build).
5. Capture a memory snapshot using the Profiler.
6. See that the shader takes over 140 MB (Mac, idk how much Windows will show, should be a lot as well)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- All models become suddenly stuck in weird poses and Animations are messed up when previewing any character animation in the Editor and looking around in the Scene View
- Files are not included in the “Assembly-CSharp.csproj” file when they are in the Editor folder
- [URP] Specular Color behavior does not match Legacy or HDRP
- [Linux] Array Element doesn't duplicate/delete when clicking "Duplicate/Delete Array Element" on an Array Element in a Prefab GameObject
- [ShaderGraph] Skewed guidelines are drawn from the top left corner of the Node when it is moved