Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.1.X
Fixed in 2020.3.X
Shaders take a lot of memory at runtime even when only one variant is used
1. Make a new project from 3D template
2. Put the attached shader into the assets, create a material, assign the shader to the material.
3. Create a cube, assign the material from the previous step to the cube.
4. Build and run (development build).
5. Capture a memory snapshot using the Profiler.
6. See that the shader takes over 140 MB (Mac, idk how much Windows will show, should be a lot as well)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Flickering orbs appear when using RenderTargetHandle
- UsePass for ShaderLabShader is ignored and GameObjects are not rendered when SRPBatcher is enabled
- Animated model translated down when interrupting a transition
- UI Toolkit text splits when changing PanelSettings scale
- Error "NullReferenceException" is thrown when selecting folders from the folder panel or closing the folder panel with EditorUtility.OpenFolderPanel() in use