Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.1.X
Fixed in 2020.3.X
Shaders take a lot of memory at runtime even when only one variant is used
1. Make a new project from 3D template
2. Put the attached shader into the assets, create a material, assign the shader to the material.
3. Create a cube, assign the material from the previous step to the cube.
4. Build and run (development build).
5. Capture a memory snapshot using the Profiler.
6. See that the shader takes over 140 MB (Mac, idk how much Windows will show, should be a lot as well)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [macOS] There is no way to tell if you are running under Rosetta
- [AssetImport] Changing Graphics APIs in Android platform reimports most of the assets (textures, fonts, ...)
- Stack frames are missing from Console window when in Full Stack trace mode
- An error is returned and no package is listed if an invalid package is hosted on a scoped registry
- Crash with ComputeTileMeshJob when generating Navmesh