Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.1.X
Fixed in 2020.3.X
Shaders take a lot of memory at runtime even when only one variant is used
1. Make a new project from 3D template
2. Put the attached shader into the assets, create a material, assign the shader to the material.
3. Create a cube, assign the material from the previous step to the cube.
4. Build and run (development build).
5. Capture a memory snapshot using the Profiler.
6. See that the shader takes over 140 MB (Mac, idk how much Windows will show, should be a lot as well)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- PrntScreen (Snapshot) key is not working on UWP on both old and new input systems
- Show compiled code for compute shaders has the "Cancel" button greyed out
- Realtime direct lighting is missing on dynamic objects under when using Shadowmask or Subtractive lighting mode(s)
- [Device Simulator] When simulator window is narrow, toolbar controls deform and some become inacessible
- Black albedo when using Enlighten Realtime GI in HDRP Player