Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.1.X
Fixed in 2020.3.X
Shaders take a lot of memory at runtime even when only one variant is used
1. Make a new project from 3D template
2. Put the attached shader into the assets, create a material, assign the shader to the material.
3. Create a cube, assign the material from the previous step to the cube.
4. Build and run (development build).
5. Capture a memory snapshot using the Profiler.
6. See that the shader takes over 140 MB (Mac, idk how much Windows will show, should be a lot as well)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Sahder errors in Player when "Strict shader variant matching" is enabled and the rendering path is set to "Deferred"
- NullReferenceExceptions are being thrown when saving a ScriptableObject with an array of a type with a CustomPropertyDrawer that uses TrackPropertyValue
- Applied velocity is inconsistent when using Rigidbody AddForce() with ForceMode.VelocityChange
- Crash on AudioUtil_CUSTOM_HasAudioCallback when exiting Play Mode while the Inspector is displaying a GameObject with an empty script attached
- Scroll offset is framerate-dependent when scrolling with velocity in the Device Simulator