Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.1
Fixed in 2019.3
[Shaders] Change in included hlsl file does not always trigger recompilation
How to reproduce:
1. Open attached project "ShaderErrorAfterCommenting.zip" and scene "SampleScene"
2. In Project window, open "SampleNormal.hlsl" with Visual Studio
3. In Visual Studio, comment line 3 (int index = 0;) save changes
4. In Editor, click on "LitSimple" file
5. Observe the Inspector window or Console window (an error is thrown, if not, repeat steps 3 - 5, commenting/uncommenting the line)
Expected result: "Shader error in 'Lit/Shadow Casting': undeclared identifier 'index' at Assets/SampleNormal.hlsl(5) (on d3d11)" is thrown everytime
Actual result: sometimes no errors are thrown
Reproducible with: 2019.3.0a8, 2019.3.0f6, 2020.1.0a21
Not reproducible with: 2017.4.36f1, 2018.4.16f1, 2019.2.20f1, 2019.3.0a7
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- New animation clips are not imported correctly when re-importing a fbx file
- Editor freezes when recompiling scrips in Play Mode
- Shuriken particles depth offset is not working(has no affect) when 'Renderer Alignment' is set to 'View'
- [InputSystem] InputSystem is not initialized when run in `-batchmode`
- Assertion failed on expression: 'rs->textureID == realRS->textureID'