Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.2.X
Fixed in 2020.3.X, 2021.3.X, 2022.1.X
Shader Compiler errors are thrown due to unexpected reasons related to the Shader script
How to reproduce:
1. Open the user's attached "Bug_report_project" project
2. Compile the "Assets -> UpscaleShader" Shader
Expected result: The Shader is successfully compiled. No error is thrown
Actual result: Shader compiler errors are thrown in the Console log. In some versions, only "Unterminated macro list" error is thrown instead
Reproducible with: 2019.4.36f1, 2020.3.30f1, 2021.2.13f1, 2022.1.0b9, 2022.2.0a5
Shader Compiler IPC Exception: Terminating shader compiler process
Shader compiler: Compile SHADER_NAME - <Unnamed Pass>, Vertex Program: Internal error communicating with the shader compiler process. Please report a bug including this shader and the editor log.
Shader compiler: Compile SHADER_NAME- <Unnamed Pass>, Fragment Program: Internal error communicating with the shader compiler process. Please report a bug including this shader and the editor log.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Dropdown menu covers the button when there is no space for it from below
- WebCamDevice only returns one rear-facing camera when built on Android
- Reimporting a Scripted Importer Asset when Profiler is recording will make it null
- Created Import Issue Asset doesn't show up in the Project window until the Unity Editor is restarted
- [Android] Application name with an ampersand is removed and replaced with an underscore in 2021 LTS and up