Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.2.X
Fixed in 2020.3.X, 2021.3.X, 2022.1.X
Shader Compiler errors are thrown due to unexpected reasons related to the Shader script
How to reproduce:
1. Open the user's attached "Bug_report_project" project
2. Compile the "Assets -> UpscaleShader" Shader
Expected result: The Shader is successfully compiled. No error is thrown
Actual result: Shader compiler errors are thrown in the Console log. In some versions, only "Unterminated macro list" error is thrown instead
Reproducible with: 2019.4.36f1, 2020.3.30f1, 2021.2.13f1, 2022.1.0b9, 2022.2.0a5
Shader Compiler IPC Exception: Terminating shader compiler process
Shader compiler: Compile SHADER_NAME - <Unnamed Pass>, Vertex Program: Internal error communicating with the shader compiler process. Please report a bug including this shader and the editor log.
Shader compiler: Compile SHADER_NAME- <Unnamed Pass>, Fragment Program: Internal error communicating with the shader compiler process. Please report a bug including this shader and the editor log.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Mouse inputs cannot be inputted when searching the Shortcuts Menu by type "Shortcut"
- "Debug Assertion Failed!" error when launching Windows Dedicated Server Player with Script Debugging enabled
- [Cinematic Studio][3D HDRP] Shader warnings thrown in the Console window when creating a new project with Cinematic Studio template
- Autoplay is triggered on Audio Assets when changing Asset Bundle tags
- Inspector Asset Bundle section has no indication for Variants, AssetBundle is written without a space, and Variant dropdown menu is available without setting the Asset Bundle first