Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.1.X
Fixed in 2019.3.X
Setting a default preset for any UI component throws a Recursive Serialization error after re-launching the project
How to reproduce:
1. Create a new Unity project
2. Create a UI > Text GameObject
3. Select the GameObject and create a preset for the Text component
4. Set the preset as the default Text preset by clicking 'Add to Text default'
5. Save the project and restart it
Expected result: no errors are thrown upon launching the project
Actual result: 'Recursive Serialization is not supported' error is thrown upon launching the project
Reproducible with: 2019.3.0a10, 2019.3.0b7, 2020.1.0a9
Not reproducible with: 2018.4.11f1, 2019.2.10f1, 2019.3.0a9
Could not test with: 2017.4.33f1(presets unavailable)
Reproducible with package versions: 1.0.0
Full error: Recursive Serialization is not supported. You can't dereference a PPtr while loading. (Constructors of C# classes may not load objects either. See stacktrace.)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- deadlock in AssetDatabase_AcceleratorClient_Scheduling.ScheduledRequest_Status_InProgress
- Texture Compression settings on Android and WebGL Platforms are reset to default when building the project using a script
- Camera active Texture is not written if another camera has a Script using "OnRenderImage"
- The Camera's background color is white when the device Appearance is "Light Mode"
- Some GameObjects ignore the Default Parent when creating them in the Hierarchy