Search Issue Tracker
[SerializeReference] SerializeReference re-creates objects when they are edited in the inspector
1. Open "1203135" project
2. Add "TestBehaviour" to the Scene
3. In the Console window notice "recordedReference == data ? True"
4. In the "TestBehaviour" script instance change the "Change Me" value to something else
5. In the Console window notice "recordedReference == data ? False"
Expected Result: Changing an unrelated value, does not modify a "SerializeReference" value
Actual Result: Changing an unrelated value, modifies a "SerializeReference" value from the same script
Reproduced with: 2020.1.0a16, 2019.3.0f3, 2019.3.0f1, 2019.3.0b1, 2019.3.0a12, 2019.3.0a5, 2019.3.0a2
Did not reproduce on("SerializeReference" is not yet implemented): 2019.3.0a1, 2019.2.16f1, 2018.4.14f1, 2017.4.35f1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Handles.Button doesn't allow camera rotation when mouse hovering over the button
- Animator Blend Tree throws warnings when typing a decimal value to Animation Speed field
- Any Shader's Help/Reference button in the top-most Inspector component links to missing documentation page
- ParticleSystemRenderer BakeTrailsMesh produces a trail mesh with additional tail vertices which lead to a pivot of the object
- Profiler's Raw Hierarchy/Timeline toolbar/panel cannot be resized when the Profiler window is resized and high resolution / DPI