Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.1.X
Fixed in 2021.2.X
[SERIALISATION] Going into play mode does not deserialize the object properly
When going into play mode, a Prefab with the attached MonoBehaviour with an override on the string value for the objectValue will not deserialize the object properly.
1. Open provided project
2. Open SampleScene
3. Select TestPrefab in hierachy
4. Change string fields, Enter playmode
Expected Result: no error
Actual Result: Error printed in console: A field decorated with [SerializeReference] references an unknown managed type!
Notes: If the error does not occur, try changing the string once more and entering play mode again. Mostly required in 2022.1.
Changing the options of Domain reload and reload scene on enter Playmode does not affect the results (Preferences/Editor)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Lighting Data asset is not created when baking multiple Scenes at the same time
- Performance issues when instantiating a recognizer under UnityEngine.Windows.Speech
- Build fails with "Exception: Unity.IL2CPP.Building.BuilderFailedException: Build failed with 0 successful nodes and 0 failed ones" when building the project for iOS
- [Android] .aab Build fails when using Asset Bundles
- Builds fail without a useful error message when building a project with invalid product name