Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.1.X
Fixed in 2021.2.X
[SERIALISATION] Going into play mode does not deserialize the object properly
When going into play mode, a Prefab with the attached MonoBehaviour with an override on the string value for the objectValue will not deserialize the object properly.
1. Open provided project
2. Open SampleScene
3. Select TestPrefab in hierachy
4. Change string fields, Enter playmode
Expected Result: no error
Actual Result: Error printed in console: A field decorated with [SerializeReference] references an unknown managed type!
Notes: If the error does not occur, try changing the string once more and entering play mode again. Mostly required in 2022.1.
Changing the options of Domain reload and reload scene on enter Playmode does not affect the results (Preferences/Editor)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Sahder errors in Player when "Strict shader variant matching" is enabled and the rendering path is set to "Deferred"
- NullReferenceExceptions are being thrown when saving a ScriptableObject with an array of a type with a CustomPropertyDrawer that uses TrackPropertyValue
- Applied velocity is inconsistent when using Rigidbody AddForce() with ForceMode.VelocityChange
- Crash on AudioUtil_CUSTOM_HasAudioCallback when exiting Play Mode while the Inspector is displaying a GameObject with an empty script attached
- Scroll offset is framerate-dependent when scrolling with velocity in the Device Simulator