Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 4.5.4
Selecting two gameObjects crashes Unity if one of them has 'Components cannot be multi-edited' error
To reproduce this issue:
1. Import case_619848 package
2. Open 'Library' scene
3. Select Dialog( Hallway Right - > Dialog Triggers - > Dialog) in the inspector
4. Notice "Components that are on only some of the selected objects cannot be multi-edited" message even when only a single game object is selected
5. While holding CTRL button also select 'Dialog Triggers'
6. Unity crashes when you select two objects, one with and one without the placeholder component
These objects were got when updating from Unity 4.3.2 to Unity 4.5.1 and nearly all (but not entirely all) of the game objects that contained missing references to scripts now have this message "Components that are on only some of the selected objects cannot be multi-edited"
Captured reproduction: http://screencast.com/t/MVPecA1zp4
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Nested checked Menu items return incorrect values when the checking function button is not at the same level
- [VFX Graph] Subgraph error message does not re-appear after reload until graph is dirty
- [VFX Graph] When saving graph with a shortcut (CTRL +S) in graph error does not appear until graph is dirty
- [Android][IL2CPP] Player of a specific project crashes when launching it
- [Android] Keyboard gets hidden when the input field area is clicked and TouchScreenKeyboard.hideInput is set to true