Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.2.X
Fixed in 2018.3.X
Selecting custom MenuItem from Component tab results in "can't be checked because doesn't exist" error message
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached "1038153_repro.zip" project
2. In the main menu, select Component/Component lister
Expected result: "ComponentList" window is opened without error messages.
Actual result: "ComponentList" window is opened, but with a console error message "Menu Component/Component lister can't be checked because doesn't exist".
Reproducible with - 2018.1.2f1, 2018.2.0b5
Not reproducible with - 2017.4.3f1, 2018.1.0b11, 2018.2.0a2
- The issue does not seem to reproduce when custom MenuItem is created on the main menu tabs, other than "Component".
- The issue is reproducible only when selecting the Component/Component lister for the first time. Subsequent attempts result in the expected behavior.
- If the issue does not reproduce from the first attempt, press "Clear" in the Console window and repeat step 2.
- The issue occurs again after script recompile.
Fixed in 2018.3.0a11
Backported to 2018.2.13f1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [URP] Exceeding the platform's supported light limit gives shadow distortion when using Deferred Rendering Path
- URP Sample Buffer Image Tile is moved when the Offset Value is changed
- Static constructor in a struct returns false when running tests with IL2CPP
- Console throws warnings and a MissingReferenceException error for XR packages when doing a clean project import
- [Linux][IL2CPP] Dedicated server crashes when calling Socket.Send
Feb 12, 2021 23:58
NOT fixed in 2018.4.30f1!!!
Sep 24, 2018 13:04
On Unity 2018.2.9, Still not solved. But work
Sep 04, 2018 09:19
Unity 2018.2.6: still not resolved!
Aug 23, 2018 11:59
Still present on Unity 2018.2.5f1.
Adamgoodrich, what a shame! Sorry to hear that. (not the right place to say this, but man keep up the hard work! You are making the best plugins ever!)
Aug 14, 2018 17:50
Still an issue in 2018.2.3f1. Happens with a few of our libraries (like iTween, Obi) so we get a dozen errors in the console semi-randomly.
I just tried JIMTHEGRIM's manual solution, and it _does_ work - but then you create more menus on the top bar for your various libraries, rather than having them hidden away in the Component menu like they were previously.
Aug 10, 2018 08:36
Or the Script Update API could just handle this use case and fix it when the old way of doing it outdated. :P
Jul 26, 2018 14:08
ahh k. so it just looks like the component bit of that particular file path is no longer used and some assets just haven't updated to reflect this yet. in my case it was Obi Ropes, so I just manually opened the custom editor file it was complaining about, and then removed the "Component/" bit from the MenuItem string.
So yeah, just remove the part that says Component/ in whatever file its erroring on. :D
[MenuItem("Component/Physics/Obi/Obi Particle Renderer",false,0)]
[MenuItem("Physics/Obi/Obi Particle Renderer",false,0)]
...then all you have to do is complain about it to your favorite asset dev so that they can get a fix out for their next update. :P
Jul 26, 2018 12:09
For the love of god.....please make this horrible issue go away... (-.-)
Jul 17, 2018 16:17
I'm also getting this on plugins for my target platform. My workaround is to rename the menu to another menu.
Jul 14, 2018 12:51
Still happening in Unity 2018.2.0f and it's getting to be really nerve-wrecking to have the console littered with errors this way. This one should be fixed ASAP.