Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.2.X
Fixed in 2018.3.X
Selecting custom MenuItem from Component tab results in "can't be checked because doesn't exist" error message
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached "1038153_repro.zip" project
2. In the main menu, select Component/Component lister
Expected result: "ComponentList" window is opened without error messages.
Actual result: "ComponentList" window is opened, but with a console error message "Menu Component/Component lister can't be checked because doesn't exist".
Reproducible with - 2018.1.2f1, 2018.2.0b5
Not reproducible with - 2017.4.3f1, 2018.1.0b11, 2018.2.0a2
- The issue does not seem to reproduce when custom MenuItem is created on the main menu tabs, other than "Component".
- The issue is reproducible only when selecting the Component/Component lister for the first time. Subsequent attempts result in the expected behavior.
- If the issue does not reproduce from the first attempt, press "Clear" in the Console window and repeat step 2.
- The issue occurs again after script recompile.
Fixed in 2018.3.0a11
Backported to 2018.2.13f1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- NullReferenceExceptions are being thrown when saving a ScriptableObject with an array of a type with a CustomPropertyDrawer that uses TrackPropertyValue
- Applied velocity is inconsistent when using Rigidbody AddForce() with ForceMode.VelocityChange
- Crash on AudioUtil_CUSTOM_HasAudioCallback when exiting Play Mode while the Inspector is displaying a GameObject with an empty script attached
- Scroll offset is framerate-dependent when scrolling with velocity in the Device Simulator
- "Object.FindObjectsOfType<T>() is obsolete" warning is thrown when using "Transitions Plus" asset