Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.3.16f1, 2022.2.0b15, 2023.1.0a10
SDF Baking causes memory usage to continually rise when entering Play Mode
How to reproduce:
1. Open the user attached "SDF Bake Bug.zip" project
2. Enter Play Mode
3. Open the Activity Monitor
4. Open the "Memory" tab
Expected result: Memory usage does not continue to rise endlessly
Actual result: Memory usage grows
Reproducible with: 12.1.6 (2021.3.4f1), 13.1.8 (2022.1.3f1), 14.0.3 (2022.2.0a16)
Couldn't test with: 2019.4.39f1, 2020.3.35f1 (Missing namespace, incompatible code)
Reproducible on: macOS (Intel) Monterey 12.0.1
- This issue might cause a crash, but couldn't reproduce
Sep 18, 2022 13:38
Is this fix no longer planned to be implemented in the next 2021 or 2022 releases? Wouldn't that effectively make baking SDFs largely useless as a feature of Unity until 2023? I know it says "Under Consideration" for 2021 and 2022, but it used to say "Planned For", so that seems like a downgrade of priority.
I know of at least one project that upgraded to LTS 2021 in part specifically because of the SDF baking feature, and now they basically can't meaningfully move forward in development until this fix is in an LTS release.
Please implement this fix in the next 2021 and/or 2022 releases.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Native Plugins are not found when they are depending on each other
- Errors are thrown after redoing Nested Prefab Variant creation
- Documentation Link does not work when the "VFX Condition" question mark button is clicked
- Documentation Link does not work when the "Spawn State" question mark button is clicked
- Darker lighting in Build when disabling SSAO at runtime
Resolution Note (fix version 2023.1.0a10):
Fixed in: 2023.1.0a10
Resolution Note (fix version 2022.2.0b15):
Fixed in: 2022.2.0b15
Resolution Note (fix version 2021.3.16f1):
Fixed in: 2021.3.16f1