Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2019.3.X
[Scripting] MissingMethodException errors are thrown on selecting object after updating the API
MissingMethodException errors are thrown on selecting object after updating the API.
Steps to repro:
1. Open the attached project.
2. Click on Upgrade > Select "I made a backup, Go Ahead".
3. Open "Main" scene.
4. Select the Sphere game object in the Hierarchy.
MissingMethodException errors are thrown in the console.
No error occurs in the console.
Working Fine in:
Windows & Mac 10.14.
Reported similar bug: https://fogbugz.unity3d.com/f/cases/edit/1108911/
Current bugs regression, repro steps and stack trace are different from 1108911.
MissingMethodException: void UnityEngine.UnityAPICompatibilityVersionAttribute..ctor(string,string)
System.MonoCustomAttrs.GetCustomAttributesBase (System.Reflection.ICustomAttributeProvider obj, System.Type attributeType, System.Boolean inheritedOnly) (at <ad04dee02e7e4a85a1299c7ee81c79f6>:0)
System.MonoCustomAttrs.GetCustomAttributes (System.Reflection.ICustomAttributeProvider obj, System.Type attributeType, System.Boolean inherit) (at <ad04dee02e7e4a85a1299c7ee81c79f6>:0)
System.Reflection.Assembly.GetCustomAttributes (System.Type attributeType, System.Boolean inherit) (at <ad04dee02e7e4a85a1299c7ee81c79f6>:0)
UnityEditor.Localization.Editor.LocalizationGroup.initialize (System.Reflection.Assembly assembly) (at <2c7108252b3f412abf2ec8c94fb7c234>:0)
UnityEditor.Localization.Editor.LocalizationGroup..ctor (UnityEngine.Behaviour behaviour) (at <2c7108252b3f412abf2ec8c94fb7c234>:0)
UnityEditor.GenericInspector.OnOptimizedInspectorGUI (UnityEngine.Rect contentRect) (at <2c7108252b3f412abf2ec8c94fb7c234>:0)
UnityEditor.UIElements.InspectorElement+<>c__DisplayClass53_0.<CreateIMGUIInspectorFromEditor>b__0 () (at <2c7108252b3f412abf2ec8c94fb7c234>:0)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Parallax mapping with UVs set other than UV0 plugged into sample texture 2d produces an error
- Objects with single letter name won't show up in hierarchy search results
- The GameObject is not transparent when setting CameraDepthTexture as a depth render target
- SRP Lens Flares with Occlusion enabled inconsistently shine through objects
- "Can not play a disabled audio source" is thrown when audio is toggled on with disabled Audio Source in the Scene
Jun 07, 2020 21:54
This issue is not actually resolved, it still appears in Unity 2019.3.15f1.
Apr 23, 2020 02:12
Im also seeing this in Unity 2019.3.10f1
Apr 21, 2020 20:43
This Errors happens when you have an Outdated version of Odin Inspector on Your project, I fixed it updating Odin Inspector. I'm on Unity 2019.3.9f
Apr 20, 2020 15:12
I am seeing this now in Unity 2019.3.10f1. It was not occurring in 2019.3.9f1.