Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.2.X
ScriptableObject's mainObjectFileID is reset when duplicating it to another folder
1. Open attached project "ScriptableObject"
2. In the Project window,right-click on "Data", select "Show In Explorer" and make sure its mainObjectFileID is set to 11400000 in the META file
3. In the Project window, click on "Data" while holding CTRL and drag it into the Scenes folder
4. Right-click on the newly created "Data" duplicate and select "Show In Explorer"
5. Open the duplicate's META file
Expected result: mainObjectFileID value is the same as the original's
Actual result: mainObjectFileID is set to 0
Reproducible with: 2017.4.37f1, 2018.4.18f1, 2019.3.3f1, 2020.1.0a25
Note: When "Data" is copied using CTRL+D, its mainObjectFileID value is set to the original's (11400000)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Prefab's scripts are constantly reloaded when trying to enter multiple digits or characters into public fields on custom scripts consecutively
- [Linux] Progress modal window stays on top of every other window and cannot be moved
- Crash on mono_g_hash_table_find_slot when entering Play Mode
- [iOS] Crash when pressing "Done" on the keyboard layout
- Sprite Atlas remains loaded in memory after scene change or unloading assets