Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.2.X
ScriptableObject's mainObjectFileID is reset when duplicating it to another folder
1. Open attached project "ScriptableObject"
2. In the Project window,right-click on "Data", select "Show In Explorer" and make sure its mainObjectFileID is set to 11400000 in the META file
3. In the Project window, click on "Data" while holding CTRL and drag it into the Scenes folder
4. Right-click on the newly created "Data" duplicate and select "Show In Explorer"
5. Open the duplicate's META file
Expected result: mainObjectFileID value is the same as the original's
Actual result: mainObjectFileID is set to 0
Reproducible with: 2017.4.37f1, 2018.4.18f1, 2019.3.3f1, 2020.1.0a25
Note: When "Data" is copied using CTRL+D, its mainObjectFileID value is set to the original's (11400000)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Long Prefab save times when using Unity 2022.2 and higher
- Console displays error "UnityException: Creating asset at path Assets/Scenes/ .scenetemplate failed." during scene template saving
- "Development Build" watermark is shown in non-development UWP release builds
- Console errors appear when the Inspector is set to Debug and a GameObject is selected
- A script public variable value is not used when set in the Inspector window
Resolution Note (fix version 2020.2):
Fixed in 2020.2.0a21