Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.2.X
ScriptableObject's mainObjectFileID is reset when duplicating it to another folder
1. Open attached project "ScriptableObject"
2. In the Project window,right-click on "Data", select "Show In Explorer" and make sure its mainObjectFileID is set to 11400000 in the META file
3. In the Project window, click on "Data" while holding CTRL and drag it into the Scenes folder
4. Right-click on the newly created "Data" duplicate and select "Show In Explorer"
5. Open the duplicate's META file
Expected result: mainObjectFileID value is the same as the original's
Actual result: mainObjectFileID is set to 0
Reproducible with: 2017.4.37f1, 2018.4.18f1, 2019.3.3f1, 2020.1.0a25
Note: When "Data" is copied using CTRL+D, its mainObjectFileID value is set to the original's (11400000)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [iOS] Crash on ScriptingGCHandle::Acquire when calling RequestUserAuthorization without using yield for pending authorization
- Particle is not visible in RenderTexture when Renderer's material is set to Default-Particle and Camera's BG Alpha is set 0
- [Physics] Character Joint jumps around when following Kinetic Rigidbody
- [macOS] There is no way to tell if you are running under Rosetta
- [AssetImport] Changing Graphics APIs in Android platform reimports most of the assets (textures, fonts, ...)