Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.3.X
ScreenCapture.CaptureScreenshot produces blurry screenshots when the 'supersize' argument value is higher than 1
How to reproduce:
1. Open user-submitted project (SuperScreenTest)
2. Enter Play Mode
3. Open the 'SupersizedScreenshot.png' in the root project folder
Expected result: the screenshot is produced sharp and clear
Actual result: the screenshot is produced blurry
Reproducible with: 2018.2.0a4, 2018.2.0f2, 2018.3.0a5
Not reproducible with: 2017.1.4p1, 2017.2.3p2, 2017.4.7f1, 2018.1.9f1, 2018.2.0a3
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Android] Text input field doesn't disappear when pressing "Enter" on the keyboard connected to a device and HideMobileInput is disabled
- WebGL Player flickers and logs warnings when viewport is resized and "Linear" Color Space is used
- Rigidbody recalculates its center of mass when moving its child Trigger Collider
- Sprites with different indexes than indicated in Text field of Label Inspector are being rendered
- VFX rendering a sphere when using a custom mesh
Mar 23, 2022 21:28
I am still observing this issue in Unity 2020.3.27
Why has this been resolved?
Feb 08, 2021 02:29
Same issue in 2019 LTS. Any chances this could be fixed/improved?
Sep 11, 2019 17:30
i get the same result on 2019.1, the captured screenshot is not as sharp as its expected to be,
Aug 13, 2018 07:55
If you are just taking screenshots from the editor, a workaround for this is to set the "Supersize" parameter to 1, but to increase the resolution of the game view in Unity. This produces non-blurry screenshots of any size.