Search Issue Tracker
[Scene Tooling] Wrong selection tool used if swapping between 2D/3D views while a component tool is active
If you swap between 2D and 3D while using a component tool e.g. editing a collider, the next time you select a gameobject then the wrong selection tool will be used. You will need to manually select the right tool or swap between 2D/3D again to get the editor using the right one.
1. Open Unity
2. Open the attached project
3. Open SampleScene.scene
4. Select the Cube object in the hierarchy
5. Select edit collider from the Box Collider component in the inspector
6. Swap to 2D view
7. Deselect the cube
8. Select the cube
When the cube is selected, the Rect Tool is used.
When the cube is selected, the Move Tool is used.
Tested on Windows 10.0.18362
Occurs on 2017.4.30f1, 2018.4.9f1, 2019.2.0f1, 2019.3.0b3, 2020.1.0a4
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- An object created via "Create Empty Child" of Hierarchy panel in Prefab Mode is always a child of the main prefab
- [VCS] Version Control window could use a search field to filter down contents
- [VCS] Importing .unitypackage with version control enabled fails
- [IL2CPP] Player crashes with TextMeshPro and HDRP packages on x64 and Debug configuration
- [Profiler] When all charts are closed, reopening the Profiler Window will show CPU Profiler details