Search Issue Tracker
[Scene Tooling] Wrong selection tool used if swapping between 2D/3D views while a component tool is active
If you swap between 2D and 3D while using a component tool e.g. editing a collider, the next time you select a gameobject then the wrong selection tool will be used. You will need to manually select the right tool or swap between 2D/3D again to get the editor using the right one.
1. Open Unity
2. Open the attached project
3. Open SampleScene.scene
4. Select the Cube object in the hierarchy
5. Select edit collider from the Box Collider component in the inspector
6. Swap to 2D view
7. Deselect the cube
8. Select the cube
When the cube is selected, the Rect Tool is used.
When the cube is selected, the Move Tool is used.
Tested on Windows 10.0.18362
Occurs on 2017.4.30f1, 2018.4.9f1, 2019.2.0f1, 2019.3.0b3, 2020.1.0a4
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- The main loop is never scheduled in 2018.x when build starts in background
- EditorApplication.isPlaying value is true when calling it in OnDisable() and Entering Play Mode
- "Entering Playmode with Reload Domain disabled" log appears when Configurable Enter Play Mode is enabled and pressing Play
- [2D] [Lost Crypt Demo] null texture passed to GUI.DrawTexture warning when opening demo
- Editor freezes and silently crashes when an object with SerializeReference is assigned an object with System.Obsolete attribute