Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.2.X
Scene Template file name reverts to original Scene's name when saving a renamed Scene Template
1. Open new 3D Template Unity Project and scene "SampleScene"
2. In Hierarchy window, add new "Cube" GameObject
3. Save the scene
4. Select File -> Save As Scene Template
5. In File Explorer window, change "File name" to "RenamedTemplate" and save the Scene Template
6. In Project Browser window, observe the newly created Asset
Expected result: The asset name is "RenamedTemplate.scenetemplate"
Actual result: The asset name is "SampleScene.scenetemplate"
Reproducible with: 2020.3.24f1, 2021.2.5f1, 2022.1.0b1
Could not test with: 2019.4.33f1 (Scene Templates not available)
1. Renaming the Scene Template Assets manually after the initial failure fixes the issue
2. The issue reproduces with any form of Scene Template, whether its created off "SampleScene", "Basic (Built-in)" or "Empty"
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Linux] Mouse position is incorrect when playing build on a multiple monitor setup in full screen mode
- PlayerSettings.asset displays incorrect appleEnableAutomaticSigning value
- [Linux] Silent crash on TLSAllocator<(AllocatorMode)0>::ThreadInitialize(unsigned long, char const*) when restarting after setting Graphics API to Vulkan
- AssetBundle allocates more memory when loading it a second time
- Box Collider outlines are not affected in the Game view when changing the 3D Icons option