Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.2.X
Scene Template file name reverts to original Scene's name when saving a renamed Scene Template
1. Open new 3D Template Unity Project and scene "SampleScene"
2. In Hierarchy window, add new "Cube" GameObject
3. Save the scene
4. Select File -> Save As Scene Template
5. In File Explorer window, change "File name" to "RenamedTemplate" and save the Scene Template
6. In Project Browser window, observe the newly created Asset
Expected result: The asset name is "RenamedTemplate.scenetemplate"
Actual result: The asset name is "SampleScene.scenetemplate"
Reproducible with: 2020.3.24f1, 2021.2.5f1, 2022.1.0b1
Could not test with: 2019.4.33f1 (Scene Templates not available)
1. Renaming the Scene Template Assets manually after the initial failure fixes the issue
2. The issue reproduces with any form of Scene Template, whether its created off "SampleScene", "Basic (Built-in)" or "Empty"
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Crash on RaiseException when exiting and re-entering Play Mode
- NavMesh Baked area is not visible when Gizmos is turned on and the Navigation window is closed
- Unity freezes when opening a project
- [Silicon] Artifacts appear in the Game view when resizing the window/entering the Play Mode in a specific project
- Marker in the animation’s preview window doesn’t stop when reaching the end of the timeline and jumps to the start of the animation when moving it with the cursor