Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.2.X
Scene Template file name reverts to original Scene's name when saving a renamed Scene Template
1. Open new 3D Template Unity Project and scene "SampleScene"
2. In Hierarchy window, add new "Cube" GameObject
3. Save the scene
4. Select File -> Save As Scene Template
5. In File Explorer window, change "File name" to "RenamedTemplate" and save the Scene Template
6. In Project Browser window, observe the newly created Asset
Expected result: The asset name is "RenamedTemplate.scenetemplate"
Actual result: The asset name is "SampleScene.scenetemplate"
Reproducible with: 2020.3.24f1, 2021.2.5f1, 2022.1.0b1
Could not test with: 2019.4.33f1 (Scene Templates not available)
1. Renaming the Scene Template Assets manually after the initial failure fixes the issue
2. The issue reproduces with any form of Scene Template, whether its created off "SampleScene", "Basic (Built-in)" or "Empty"
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [VFX/Timeline] Wrap Mode Loop is only playing VFX once
- Package Manager doesn't start on Windows 7
- Toggling "Optimize Mesh Data" in Project Settings doesn't invalidate build pipeline cache for Addressables
- [HDRP] [DXR] Shadowmatte doesn't support RT shadows
- [HDRP] TAAU@100% and TAA produces different results