Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.2.X
Inserting Base in the Prefab Variant and Opening it causes errors in the Console
When "Insert Base" is selected from the confirmation dialog while creating Prefab of a Prefab variant and then opening it asks to Save the Modified Prefab, saving the prefab variant causes editor to throw errors
Steps to reproduce:
1. Create a new project > Create a Cube game object.
2. Create prefab.
3. Create a Prefab Variant of this prefab
4. Open the created Prefab Variant in Prefab Mode
5. Make sure 'Auto Save' is toggled off (in the the Scene View upper right corner)
5. Drag 'Cube Variant' root Prefab instance to Project Browser
6. Choose 'Insert Base' option in Change base confirmation dialog
7. Select Cube Variant Prefab in Project Browser > save.
"ArgumentException" error thrown in console
No error in console
2020.2.0a12, 2020.2.0a19, 2020.2.0b2
Working fine on:
2020.2.0a11, 2020.1.0f1, 2019.4.5f1
Occurring on Windows 10 & macOS 10.15
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Package Manager doesn't start on Windows 7
- [HDRP] [DXR] Shadowmatte doesn't support RT shadows
- [HDRP] TAAU@100% and TAA produces different results
- [HDRP] APV debug mode Validity Over Dilation Threshold doesnt take touchup volumes in account
- [Web] Project doesn't build when a version file is included