Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.2.X
Inserting Base in the Prefab Variant and Opening it causes errors in the Console
When "Insert Base" is selected from the confirmation dialog while creating Prefab of a Prefab variant and then opening it asks to Save the Modified Prefab, saving the prefab variant causes editor to throw errors
Steps to reproduce:
1. Create a new project > Create a Cube game object.
2. Create prefab.
3. Create a Prefab Variant of this prefab
4. Open the created Prefab Variant in Prefab Mode
5. Make sure 'Auto Save' is toggled off (in the the Scene View upper right corner)
5. Drag 'Cube Variant' root Prefab instance to Project Browser
6. Choose 'Insert Base' option in Change base confirmation dialog
7. Select Cube Variant Prefab in Project Browser > save.
"ArgumentException" error thrown in console
No error in console
2020.2.0a12, 2020.2.0a19, 2020.2.0b2
Working fine on:
2020.2.0a11, 2020.1.0f1, 2019.4.5f1
Occurring on Windows 10 & macOS 10.15
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- All models become suddenly stuck in weird poses and Animations are messed up when previewing any character animation in the Editor and looking around in the Scene View
- Files are not included in the “Assembly-CSharp.csproj” file when they are in the Editor folder
- [URP] Specular Color behavior does not match Legacy or HDRP
- [Linux] Array Element doesn't duplicate/delete when clicking "Duplicate/Delete Array Element" on an Array Element in a Prefab GameObject
- [ShaderGraph] Skewed guidelines are drawn from the top left corner of the Node when it is moved