Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.1.X
Scene can't be enabled because it doesn't exist after deleting a folder with "_" character at the beginning of the name
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached "136451.zip" project
2. Open the "NewScene" Scene in the "_Folder" folder
3. Enter and exist the Play mode
4. Delete the "_Folder" folder
5. Open the "SampleScene" Scene
6. Open the Package Manager or Project Settings
7. Observe the console window
Expected result: There are no error messages
Actual result: "[Scene path] can't be enabled because it doesn't exist" error message appears
Reproducible with: 2021.2.0a5, 2021.2.0b13, 2022.1.0b11
Not reproducible with: 2019.4.30f1, 2020.3.19f1, 2021.1.22f1, 2021.2.0a4
1. It reproduces only when a character "_" is at the beginning of the name (Examples: "_Folder", "_").
2. Got compilation errors on 2019.4.30f1 and 2021.2.0a5 when downgrading. Tested by creating a new project -> creating a new folder -> naming it "_" -> creating a scene in the folder -> following reproduction steps.
Apr 10, 2023 14:01
2021.3.16f same issue, can't get rid of it after deleting a scene
Feb 20, 2023 11:03
Will this get fixed in 2021.3 too? If not, why not?!
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Sprite Preview is broken when the Sprite is too tall or too wide
- Objects are invisible in Scene view when using Wireframe Shading Mode
- The property of a component becomes read-only when it is bound to "PropertyStreamHandle"
- Physics.Raycast does not work when used on the whole model
- Shader Graph changes the Position of Prefab instances in Play mode
Resolution Note (fix version 2022.1):
Fixed in: 2022.1.0a14