Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.1.X
Scene can't be enabled because it doesn't exist after deleting a folder with "_" character at the beginning of the name
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached "136451.zip" project
2. Open the "NewScene" Scene in the "_Folder" folder
3. Enter and exist the Play mode
4. Delete the "_Folder" folder
5. Open the "SampleScene" Scene
6. Open the Package Manager or Project Settings
7. Observe the console window
Expected result: There are no error messages
Actual result: "[Scene path] can't be enabled because it doesn't exist" error message appears
Reproducible with: 2021.2.0a5, 2021.2.0b13, 2022.1.0b11
Not reproducible with: 2019.4.30f1, 2020.3.19f1, 2021.1.22f1, 2021.2.0a4
1. It reproduces only when a character "_" is at the beginning of the name (Examples: "_Folder", "_").
2. Got compilation errors on 2019.4.30f1 and 2021.2.0a5 when downgrading. Tested by creating a new project -> creating a new folder -> naming it "_" -> creating a scene in the folder -> following reproduction steps.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Lighting Data asset is not created when baking multiple Scenes at the same time
- Performance issues when instantiating a recognizer under UnityEngine.Windows.Speech
- Build fails with "Exception: Unity.IL2CPP.Building.BuilderFailedException: Build failed with 0 successful nodes and 0 failed ones" when building the project for iOS
- [Android] .aab Build fails when using Asset Bundles
- Builds fail without a useful error message when building a project with invalid product name