Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2019.3
Fixed in 2018.4, 2019.2
[Runtime] UnityEvent objects contain the name of type as a serialized string
No repro steps, attached project "833543.zip" which creates 1k UnityEvents on Start
This is by desing because it's to ensure we create an event object instance of the right type in the inspector. The type name is in the serialized property, but not qualified, meaning we could have conflicts (a type T in UnityEngine and UnityEditor and two different namespaces in the user project), so this type is to determine the event paramenters count/type/ etc.
The problem is that this is something specific to solve a problem in the inspector(Editor) but at runtime it does not seem to be useful and it's consuming considerable amount of memory, and quite significant on low end devices.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Linux Hub] Some of the Learn tab projects have a blank 'Download Project' button
- [Scene View] Scene gizmos are not visible or are not showing up correctly
- Alpha channel is not not visible when using Baked Shadowmask mode in the Lightmap Preview window
- Native performance tests FormatOneMillionRandomNumbers have regressed due to Int formatting changes
- Unable to bake after switching lightmapper a few times