Search Issue Tracker
Fix In Review for 2019.3
Fixed in 2018.4, 2019.2
[Runtime] UnityEvent objects contain the name of type as a serialized string
No repro steps, attached project "833543.zip" which creates 1k UnityEvents on Start
This is by desing because it's to ensure we create an event object instance of the right type in the inspector. The type name is in the serialized property, but not qualified, meaning we could have conflicts (a type T in UnityEngine and UnityEditor and two different namespaces in the user project), so this type is to determine the event paramenters count/type/ etc.
The problem is that this is something specific to solve a problem in the inspector(Editor) but at runtime it does not seem to be useful and it's consuming considerable amount of memory, and quite significant on low end devices.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Unity crashes on GC_grow_table when trying to deserialize an XML file
- [Build Callbacks] Build is not failing when BuildFailedException is thrown in the PostProcessScene Callback
- [Terrain] The function TerrainData.GetDetailLayer only returns 0 or 1
- [Windows 7] VideoPlayer.Prepare causes a stack overflow crash if Video is loaded from asset bundle
- [WebGL] Mouse input is blocked after a few moves when using Edge browser