Search Issue Tracker
[RTX] Dispatching RTX rays causes immediate crash with a closesthit shader in scene
The same issue as in case 1351303 regarding max_recursion_depth that has a value of 1 in the raytrace shader even though the maximum number of recursion in the closest hit shader is 8. Changing the max_recursion_depth to a larger value like 31 will avoid the crash. Please note that currently DXR will allow a max_recursion_depth of 31 (hardware limitation). If there are more than 31 TraceRay recursive calls the GPU will crash.
#pragma max_recursion_depth 1;
static const uint gMaxDepth = 8;
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Shader warnings are thrown when creating a new empty 3D HDRP project
- Crash on tlsf_free when exiting the Play mode in a specific project
- Advanced Object Picker switches to Classic with Error "Exception caught with search engine (Object Selector)Advanced" when opening multiple Object Picker windows
- The "secondary" touchpoint reverts to the previous position when the "primary" touchpoint is released and re-engaged on WebGL applications
- GameObject with Visual Effect Graph Component is blooming when the VFX Graph Color is set to "0" and Alpha is set "1"