Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2017.3.0f3
Root motion broken in animation when weight of any additional layer is greater than zero
This happens even when the weight is 0.01
How to reproduce:
1. Open user's attached project "RollBug"
2. Open "RollTest" scene
3. Open "RollTest" animation
4. Set layer's "JustLayer" weight to 0.05
5. Press play and observe the animation
Expected result: Animated object moves when additional layer's weight is very small
Actual result: Animated object performs its animation without changing its position
Reproduced with: 2017.1.0a1, 2017.1.0b5, 2017.1.0p4, 2017.2.0b8, 2017.3.0a5
Not reproduced with: 5.5.4f1, 5.6.0a5, 5.6.1f1, 5.6.3f1, 5.6.3p1
Regression introduced in: 2017.1.0a1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [macOS] “Input.GetMouseButtonDown” gets set to true when pressing and when releasing the mouse button in the Device Simulator view if "targetFrameRate" is set in the script
- UWP Capabilities are not changed when rebuilding the project
- [Oculus] Lights causing artifacts when Forward+ Rendering is selected
- Game Window Icons are white when in light mode
- Crash on VFXMemorySerializer::StoreObjects when converting to Subgraph Block
Mar 03, 2018 04:32
Update: If you mask your animation it wont work. You have to add a mask to the layer too (with the root not included) and it seems to work at that point. So. 2 masks. One on the anim and one on the layer.
Mar 03, 2018 04:25
I'm using 2017.3
I have a root motion walk. I use an animation layer to make the jaw snap. Only the jaw is enabled on that animation and all other bones including the root are masked off. While walking the character stops moving when the jaw snap plays on that extra layer. This makes Mechanim layers mostly useless. Yeah...