Search Issue Tracker
Modifying prefab loaded from AssetBundle prevents unloaded assets being freed (Editor)
How to reproduce:
1. Open tester-attached project (AssetBundleRepro), SampleScene
2. Enter Play Mode
3. Open the Profiler window and select the Memory module in Simple mode
4. Note the Textures/Meshes/Materials count/memory
5. Select the 'GameObject' in the Hierarchy window and in the Inspector window click 'Instantiate'
6. Note the increased Textures/Meshes/Materials count/memory
7. In the Inspector window click 'Clear' and 'UnloadUnusedAssets'
8. Note the Textures/Meshes/Materials count/memory
9. In the Inspector window click 'Unload Asset Bundle' and then 'UnloadUnusedAssets'
10. Note the Textures/Meshes/Materials count/memory
Expected result: the first call(step 7) to 'UnloadUnusedAssets' frees up memory
Actual result: only the second call(step 9) to 'UnloadUnusedAssets' frees up memory
Reproducible with: 2017.4.34f1, 2018.4.13f1, 2019.2.13f1, 2019.3.0b12, 2020.1.0a14
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Renaming a Scene deletes its GameObjects when a Scene with that name was already deleted
- Crash on GameObject::ActivateAwakeRecursively when exiting Play Mode
- [Asset Bundles] Bundles are not cached when using certain request URLs
- [URP] Color correction effects are applied to overlay camera when only being added to the base camera
- Ribbon trail with Attach Ribbons To Transform checked and Simulation Space property set to World is attached to (0,0,0) position