Search Issue Tracker
Modifying prefab loaded from AssetBundle prevents unloaded assets being freed (Editor)
How to reproduce:
1. Open tester-attached project (AssetBundleRepro), SampleScene
2. Enter Play Mode
3. Open the Profiler window and select the Memory module in Simple mode
4. Note the Textures/Meshes/Materials count/memory
5. Select the 'GameObject' in the Hierarchy window and in the Inspector window click 'Instantiate'
6. Note the increased Textures/Meshes/Materials count/memory
7. In the Inspector window click 'Clear' and 'UnloadUnusedAssets'
8. Note the Textures/Meshes/Materials count/memory
9. In the Inspector window click 'Unload Asset Bundle' and then 'UnloadUnusedAssets'
10. Note the Textures/Meshes/Materials count/memory
Expected result: the first call(step 7) to 'UnloadUnusedAssets' frees up memory
Actual result: only the second call(step 9) to 'UnloadUnusedAssets' frees up memory
Reproducible with: 2017.4.34f1, 2018.4.13f1, 2019.2.13f1, 2019.3.0b12, 2020.1.0a14
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Metal] GfxDeviceMetal::CreateComputeProgram does not check inputs
- Input.GetKey for Left Shift returns true when Right Shift is held down and Left Shift is pressed (and vice versa)
- Inspector displays previously selected Animator layer when switching between layers with keyboard
- Undo is not restoring all of the deleted GameObjects when deleting a large number of GameObjects
- [Linux Hub] Some of the Learn tab projects have a blank 'Download Project' button