Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.2.X
Fixed in 2020.3.X, 2021.1.X
Resigning Unity built macOS app results in "code signature data out of place" out of place error
1. Get a project with one or more native plugins;
2. Built it for macOS standalone;
3. Try to resign it using "codesign --force --sign - --preserve-metadata=identifier,entitlements,flags --timestamp=none --deep 'path/to/game.app'"
4. Observe the error:
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/codesign_allocate: fatal error: file not in an order that can be processed (code signature data out of place): /Users/User/Desktop/Product.app/Contents/PlugIns/lib_burst_generated.bundle
Fixed in 2021.2.0a12, 2021.1.3f1 and 2020.3.5f1.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- TreeView Child display toggle styling becomes reversed when clicking and dragging it
- Null is returned when using FocusOutEvent.relatedTarget
- Unity_BaseInstanceID is always zero when rendering multiple meshes and instancing with the same buffer
- UI Document button's text does not resize relatively when size in percentage (%) is used
- Event.current.mousePosition has an offset of 1px along the y-axis in WebGL build when the mouse button is released
Apr 19, 2021 06:36
Same issue on P31iCloudPlugin.bundle on 2020.3.4f1
Apr 16, 2021 12:48
encountering this issue with P31iCloudPlugin.bundle on 2020.3.2f1
Apr 16, 2021 09:52
I was previously aware of this other related issue:
However, the interaction of these two issues means that it is currently impossible to ship a Unity 2020.3 macOS build!
Apr 13, 2021 17:06
Seeing something very similar. Specifically on Debug macOS (Intel only) builds I see:
/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/usr/bin/codesign_allocate: fatal error: file not in an order that can be processed (code signature data out of place): [PROJECT PATH]/[APP NAME].app/Contents/Frameworks/UnityPlayer.dylib
I don't see this for Release macOS (Intel only) builds
Apr 13, 2021 16:55
Though this is listed as "Fixed in 2020.3.x" this fix is NOT included in 2020.3.0, 2020.3.1, 2020.3.2, or 2020.3.3 (the latest so far).
Apr 12, 2021 10:10
We are getting the same issue.
In Unity 2030.3.2f1 and also tried in the
Is the generated bundle being created with support for both the require MacOS architectures?
x86_64 and arm64?
Mar 31, 2021 15:31
Is this problem fixed in Unity 2021.1.1f1??