Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.2.X
[Renderer] GPU Instanced mesh particles alignment affected by directional light when casting/receiving shadows is enabled
1. Open Scene1 from the attached project.
2. Select the directional light and rotate it; observe the particle rotating
3. Turning off shadow casting on the light, or on the particle system resolves the issue.
- Issue introduced in 2018.1
- Affects View and Facing render alignments
- Only in Forward Rendering mode
It's happening because m_MeshGPUInstanceData is a single ComputeBuffer on the particle renderer, so the shadow job overwrites it, and then the main render uses the overwritten data.
AcquireExclusive on the dynamic VBO needs to support compute buffers, to fix this, instead of allowing the particle system to control its lifecycle.
If we make DynamicVBOBuffer store the buffer type, we can change GfxBuffer* to be a union with ComputeBuffer*.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Dropdown menu covers the button when there is no space for it from below
- WebCamDevice only returns one rear-facing camera when built on Android
- Reimporting a Scripted Importer Asset when Profiler is recording will make it null
- Crash on CachedWriter::Write when building a project that has access to files being denied
- Lego tutorial does not continue when text fields are updated