Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.2.X
[Renderer] GPU Instanced mesh particles alignment affected by directional light when casting/receiving shadows is enabled
1. Open Scene1 from the attached project.
2. Select the directional light and rotate it; observe the particle rotating
3. Turning off shadow casting on the light, or on the particle system resolves the issue.
- Issue introduced in 2018.1
- Affects View and Facing render alignments
- Only in Forward Rendering mode
It's happening because m_MeshGPUInstanceData is a single ComputeBuffer on the particle renderer, so the shadow job overwrites it, and then the main render uses the overwritten data.
AcquireExclusive on the dynamic VBO needs to support compute buffers, to fix this, instead of allowing the particle system to control its lifecycle.
If we make DynamicVBOBuffer store the buffer type, we can change GfxBuffer* to be a union with ComputeBuffer*.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Scene is brighter in Standalone player if it was open in the Editor at build time
- [Search Picker] Undoing selection in unity while the picker is opens doesn't close the picker
- [Android] APP becomes unresponsive and crashes with ANR errors
- Replace no longer replaces when using incremental pipeline
- [LightProbes] Individual light probe gizmos are no longer visible