Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.2.X
[Renderer] GPU Instanced mesh particles alignment affected by directional light when casting/receiving shadows is enabled
1. Open Scene1 from the attached project.
2. Select the directional light and rotate it; observe the particle rotating
3. Turning off shadow casting on the light, or on the particle system resolves the issue.
- Issue introduced in 2018.1
- Affects View and Facing render alignments
- Only in Forward Rendering mode
It's happening because m_MeshGPUInstanceData is a single ComputeBuffer on the particle renderer, so the shadow job overwrites it, and then the main render uses the overwritten data.
AcquireExclusive on the dynamic VBO needs to support compute buffers, to fix this, instead of allowing the particle system to control its lifecycle.
If we make DynamicVBOBuffer store the buffer type, we can change GfxBuffer* to be a union with ComputeBuffer*.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- The terrain appears darker when "Per-pixel Normal" is enabled
- [Linux] Editor assertion causes Test Runner to fail when executing it in Batch Mode
- Color selection by the mouse cursor is still enabled when the "Esc" button is pressed
- Game view becomes black and the Scene window becomes grey, “ArgumentOutOfRangeException” errors and “Render Pipeline error” warnings appear after changing the name or deleting URP/HDRP global settings file
- Transform Component is not accessible inside the Player when RuntimeInitializeOnLoadMethod is used