Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.2.X
[Renderer] GPU Instanced mesh particles alignment affected by directional light when casting/receiving shadows is enabled
1. Open Scene1 from the attached project.
2. Select the directional light and rotate it; observe the particle rotating
3. Turning off shadow casting on the light, or on the particle system resolves the issue.
- Issue introduced in 2018.1
- Affects View and Facing render alignments
- Only in Forward Rendering mode
It's happening because m_MeshGPUInstanceData is a single ComputeBuffer on the particle renderer, so the shadow job overwrites it, and then the main render uses the overwritten data.
AcquireExclusive on the dynamic VBO needs to support compute buffers, to fix this, instead of allowing the particle system to control its lifecycle.
If we make DynamicVBOBuffer store the buffer type, we can change GfxBuffer* to be a union with ComputeBuffer*.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Shader warnings are thrown when creating a new empty 3D HDRP project
- Crash on tlsf_free when exiting the Play mode in a specific project
- Advanced Object Picker switches to Classic with Error "Exception caught with search engine (Object Selector)Advanced" when opening multiple Object Picker windows
- The "secondary" touchpoint reverts to the previous position when the "primary" touchpoint is released and re-engaged on WebGL applications
- GameObject with Visual Effect Graph Component is blooming when the VFX Graph Color is set to "0" and Alpha is set "1"