Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.1.X
Fixed in 2020.2.X
Renaming objects from Hierarchy Window context menu does not work if already editing text field
1. Create a new project
2. Create an empty gameobject
3. Select the gameobject and Ctrl + D (Cmd + D) about 20 times
4. Repeat the following steps for each duplicated object one at a time:
4.1. Right click its entry in the Hierarchy and select Rename
4.2. Enter a new name
4.3. Without pressing enter to commit the new name, begin step 4.1 on the next object
Expected result: Rename of first object is committed, next object is selected, and text field for next object is active and editing
Actual result (macOS): Rename of first object is committed, next object is selected, but text field for next object is not active and editing, hierarchy window has lost focus (i.e. selected object has gray background instead of blue)
Actual result (Windows): Renaming is not consistent, it does not work about once every third time
This process should also be tested against renaming in the Project view.
Reproduced with: 5.6.5f1, 2017.1.2p4, 2017.2.1p1, 2017.3.0p1, 2018.1.0b1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- GameObject icon disappears when selecting the GameObject
- [Android] Maximum deltaTime is reached when opening an app from the background
- ‘[…] doesn't have a texture property '_MainTex’’ error when using Gizmos with [MainTexture] attribute
- "undefined symbol: WebView_loadHtml (referenced by top-level compiled C/C++ code)" errors when building a WebGL build
- Script recompiles in Play Mode when Script Changes While Playing option is set to Recompile After Finished Playing and Auto refresh is set to enabled.