Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2017.2.0f3
Fixed in 5.6.X
[Regression] MissingReferenceException after undoing terrain creation
Steps to repro:
1. Create new project;
2. Add Terrain gameobject (GameObject -> 3D Object -> Terrain);
3. Press Ctrl/cmd+Z or Edit -> Undo Create terrain.
Terrain is deleted without errors.
MissingReferenceException: The object of type 'Terrain' has been destroyed but you are still trying to access it.
Your script should either check if it is null or you should not destroy the object.
UnityEditor.TerrainInspector.OnSceneGUICallback (UnityEditor.SceneView sceneView) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/TerrainEditor/TerrainInspector.cs:1803)
UnityEditor.SceneView.CallOnSceneGUI () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/SceneView/SceneView.cs:2397)
UnityEditor.SceneView.HandleSelectionAndOnSceneGUI () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/SceneView/SceneView.cs:1715)
UnityEditor.SceneView.OnGUI () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/SceneView/SceneView.cs:1585)
System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:222)
is shown in the console.
Regression introduced in Unity 5.6.0a6.
- Reproducible in 2017.1.0b1, 5.6.0p1, 5.6.0f3, 5.6.0b6;
- Not reproducible in 5.6.0a5, 5.5.2p1;
- Reproducible on both Windows 10 and OSX 10.12.3.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Linux] Can't drag tabs across window boundaries from one container window to another
- Game Objects will lose their parents when moved between Scenes in the Scene Hierarchy if the Parent object is expanded
- GetHolesLODInfo doesn't match the content of the HeightmapSubRegion holes array
- PIX and NSIGHT shader debuggers don't work on DX12 with DXC compiled shaders
- MacOS Editor: new main window title is not draggable in the complete title bar area