Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2017.2.0f3
Fixed in 5.6
[Regression] MissingReferenceException after undoing terrain creation
Steps to repro:
1. Create new project;
2. Add Terrain gameobject (GameObject -> 3D Object -> Terrain);
3. Press Ctrl/cmd+Z or Edit -> Undo Create terrain.
Terrain is deleted without errors.
MissingReferenceException: The object of type 'Terrain' has been destroyed but you are still trying to access it.
Your script should either check if it is null or you should not destroy the object.
UnityEditor.TerrainInspector.OnSceneGUICallback (UnityEditor.SceneView sceneView) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/TerrainEditor/TerrainInspector.cs:1803)
UnityEditor.SceneView.CallOnSceneGUI () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/SceneView/SceneView.cs:2397)
UnityEditor.SceneView.HandleSelectionAndOnSceneGUI () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/SceneView/SceneView.cs:1715)
UnityEditor.SceneView.OnGUI () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/SceneView/SceneView.cs:1585)
System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:222)
is shown in the console.
Regression introduced in Unity 5.6.0a6.
- Reproducible in 2017.1.0b1, 5.6.0p1, 5.6.0f3, 5.6.0b6;
- Not reproducible in 5.6.0a5, 5.5.2p1;
- Reproducible on both Windows 10 and OSX 10.12.3.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Investigate why .meta files are sometimes not parsed right
- Cursor is not locked to Game window when pressing Windows key then clicking the Taskbar and refocusing the Game
- EditorGUIUtility.ShowObjectPicker doesn't allow to pick assets from derived classes
- Disabling and enabling an AudioSource component controlled by a Timeline causes a pop and ignores the mixer settings
- Build Pipeline functions cause a re-execution of the last Async task when called in an Async function