Search Issue Tracker
Status: Fixed in Unity 5.6.0
[Regression] Incorrect terrain Inspector warning after assigning material with Nature/Terrain/Standard shader to terrain
Steps to repro:
1. Open attached project and 'test' scene;
2. Select Terrain gameobject in the Hierarchy;
3. Go to Terrain Settings tab in Terrain Inspector;
4. Observe 'Custom material' field.
Terrain shader warning is thrown even though assigned 'New Material' material has Nature/Terrain/Standard shader. See attached actual.png screenshot.
Regression introduced in Unity 5.6.
Terrain shader warning should not be thrown for custom material having any of Nature/Terrain shaders. See attached expected.png screenshot.
- Reproducible in 5.6.0b3;
- Not reproducible in 5.5.0p1, 5.4.3f1;
- Reproducible on both OSX 10.12.1 and Windows 10;
- Reproducible only with Nature/Terrain/Standard shader; Not reproducible with Nature/Terrain/Specular and Nature/Terrain/Diffuse shaders.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Animator.Rebind() resets game object position to the original instantiation position
- Deprecated field 'wantsFullScreenLayout' warning is thrown in Xcode
- WebGL build does not comply with Input.simulateMouseWithTouches on mobile
- Running Unity via command line with -buildTarget results in incorrect PlayerSettings tab
- Sharp, glossy outlines when terrain textures intersect