Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 2018.3
[Regression] Changing AssetImporter.assetBundleName sometimes fails
How to reproduce:
1. Open the user-submitted project ("AssetBundleNameBug.zip")
2. Click "Tools" -> "Define Asset Bundle Name With Folder Name"
3. Observe the console errors
Expected result: The Asset bundle names are correctly assigned
Actual result: AssetImporter.assetBundleName fails in some instances
Reproduced in: 2019.1.0a5, 2018.3.0b6, 2018.2.12f1, 2018.2.0a6
Not reproducible in: 2018.2.0a3, 2018.1.9f2, 2017.4.13f1
Couldn't test with: 2018.2.0b2; 2018.2.0a5; 2018.2.0a4 (Project crashes on launch)
Note: "Define Asset Bundle Name With Value Test To Children" method, works for some assets but not for all
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [TextMesh Pro] Using Ellipsis overflow causes some Emojis to turn into a Square when truncated
- Editor: Assembly icons are not shown correctly.
- [VR]Editor Crashes when exiting the Play Mode if VR support is enabled and a Particle System is emitting mesh instances
- Object with ISerializationCallbackReceiver Interface receives Serialization Callback when it has a private access level
- AssetModificationProcessor.OnWillCreateAsset Callbacks are inconsistent with different Assets