Search Issue Tracker
Fix In Review for 2021.2.X
Planned for 2020.3.X, 2021.1.X
Reflection probes don't contain indirect scene lighting after the on-demand GI bake from the Lighting window
Steps to repro:
1. Open the attached project and SampleScene scene;
2. In the Lighting window (Window>Rendering>Lighting) click on the dropdown list on the Generate Ligthing button and select Cleasr Baked Data;
3. In the Lighting window press Generate Lighting button;
4. In the Hierarchy select GameObject gameobject;
5. Observe the selected reflection probe in the Scene view.
Reflection probes contain indirect lighting from the emissive cubes.
Reflection probe is partially black and doesn't contain the indirect lighting. See attached screenshot.
Regression introduced in Version 2020.2.4f1
Workaround is to bake reflection probe individually in the Inspector or bake with enabled progressive updates or in auto-baking mode.
- Reproducible in Version 2021.2.0a10, 2021.1.1f, 2020.3.2f1, 2020.2.7f1, 2020.2.4f1;
- Not reproducible in Version 2020.2.3f1, 2020.1.17f1,
- Not reproducible with Progressive Updates are enabled in the Lighting window;
- Not reproducible when the auto-generate GI checkbox is enabled in the Lighting window; reproducible only in on-demand manual GI bake mode;
- Reproducible when baking with CPU and GPU Lightmappers; not reproducible when baking with Enlighten;
- Reproducible in both Editor and Standalone player.
- You might need to clean the cache, if the probe can be found in the cache it will be loaded from there.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Linux] Unity crashes or freezes when loading an AssetBundle with AssetBundle.LoadFromFile
- [Linux][Profiler] Missing Profiler error has thrown clicking the "Save Changes" button
- 1 frame long audio clip plays an inconsistent audio sample or does not play at all in the Timeline
- SerializedObject ApplyModifiedProperties is not returning true when editing a List field with custom editor code
- Labels Overlap in NavMeshObstacle Inspector when shape is set to "Box" and Inspector's width is small