Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.2.X
Fixed in 2020.3.X, 2021.1.X
Reflection probes don't contain indirect scene lighting after the on-demand GI bake from the Lighting window
Steps to repro:
1. Open the attached project and SampleScene scene;
2. In the Lighting window (Window>Rendering>Lighting) click on the dropdown list on the Generate Ligthing button and select Clear Baked Data;
3. In the Lighting window press Generate Lighting button;
4. In the Hierarchy select GameObject gameobject;
5. Observe the selected reflection probe in the Scene view.
Reflection probes contain indirect lighting from the emissive cubes.
Reflection probe is partially black and doesn't contain the indirect lighting. See attached screenshot.
Regression introduced in Version 2020.2.4f1
Workaround is to bake reflection probe individually in the Inspector or bake with enabled progressive updates or in auto-baking mode.
- Reproducible in Version 2021.2.0a10, 2021.1.1f, 2020.3.2f1, 2020.2.7f1, 2020.2.4f1;
- Not reproducible in Version 2020.2.3f1, 2020.1.17f1,
- Not reproducible with Progressive Updates are enabled in the Lighting window;
- Not reproducible when the auto-generate GI checkbox is enabled in the Lighting window; reproducible only in on-demand manual GI bake mode;
- Reproducible when baking with CPU and GPU Lightmappers; not reproducible when baking with Enlighten;
- Reproducible in both Editor and Standalone player.
- You might need to clean the cache, if the probe can be found in the cache it will be loaded from there.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- The terrain appears darker when "Per-pixel Normal" is enabled
- [Linux] Editor assertion causes Test Runner to fail when executing it in Batch Mode
- Color selection by the mouse cursor is still enabled when the "Esc" button is pressed
- Game view becomes black and the Scene window becomes grey, “ArgumentOutOfRangeException” errors and “Render Pipeline error” warnings appear after changing the name or deleting URP/HDRP global settings file
- Transform Component is not accessible inside the Player when RuntimeInitializeOnLoadMethod is used
Jul 05, 2021 10:45
Still happening in 2020.3.2 on the first created reflection probe