Search Issue Tracker
Recursive Serialization is not supported error when calling Resources.LoadAll from static method
1. Download and open attached "Dwarf Mountain New.zip" project.
2. Enter Play mode.
3. Notice the console.
Expected result: No "Recursive Serialization is not supported" errors are thrown.
Actual result: Few "Recursive Serialization is not supported" errors are thrown and Play mode gets paused.
Reproduced with: 2017.3.0b3, 2017.2.0f3, 2017.1.1p4, 5.6.3p4, 5.6.0f2
Not reproduced with: 5.6.0f1, 5.5.4p5
Regression introduced in: 5.6.0f2
Notes: Serialization errors appear only after first time the game is launched. It might also appear every time game mode is entered, but if it does not, hen Unity needs to be restarted to reproduce the issue again. If in MainBase.cs script 23 line with "singleton.InitializeProgram()" is removed, issue does not appear since it stops all the consequent Resources.LoadAll() calls.
Error: "Recursive Serialization is not supported. You can't dereference a PPtr while loading. (Constructors of C# classes may not load objects either. See stacktrace.)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Dynamic Clipping works poorly with large scenes / terrains with the pivot point is near
- [UWP] Deploying wrong architecture through device portal ends up running a different app
- [MacOS] Standalone build contains .meta files inside native plugin bundles
- Progressive lightmapper leaks memory upon subsequent scene switches and bakes
- [AssetBundle] "The referenced script (Unknown) on this Behaviour is missing!" errors when loading object from Asset Bundle