Search Issue Tracker
Recursive Serialization is not supported error when calling Resources.LoadAll from static method
1. Download and open attached "Dwarf Mountain New.zip" project.
2. Enter Play mode.
3. Notice the console.
Expected result: No "Recursive Serialization is not supported" errors are thrown.
Actual result: Few "Recursive Serialization is not supported" errors are thrown and Play mode gets paused.
Reproduced with: 2017.3.0b3, 2017.2.0f3, 2017.1.1p4, 5.6.3p4, 5.6.0f2
Not reproduced with: 5.6.0f1, 5.5.4p5
Regression introduced in: 5.6.0f2
Notes: Serialization errors appear only after first time the game is launched. It might also appear every time game mode is entered, but if it does not, hen Unity needs to be restarted to reproduce the issue again. If in MainBase.cs script 23 line with "singleton.InitializeProgram()" is removed, issue does not appear since it stops all the consequent Resources.LoadAll() calls.
Error: "Recursive Serialization is not supported. You can't dereference a PPtr while loading. (Constructors of C# classes may not load objects either. See stacktrace.)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [LWRP][ARKit] Camera feed is not seen when using LWRP on iOS devices
- One Input axis does not work after using Input.ResetInputAxes() while both axes are held down
- [UWP] Build fails when the project folder name has non-ascii character.
- Prefab Asset changes are not reflected inside Prefab Editor when Unity Editor is in the Play Mode
- [Audio] DSP Buffer Size sets to Best performance when pressing trying to set to default