Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.2.X
RectTransformUtility functions that output a Vector, output only (0,0,0)/(0,0) when Canvas sits on the NearClipPlane of a Camera
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached project "case_1313831 RectTransformUtility_Not_Working.zip"
2. Open the Scene "SampleScene"
3. Select the "Canvas" GameObject from the Hierarchy window
4. In the Inspector window, make sure that Render Mode is set to "Screen Space - Camera" and Plane Distance is set to 0.3
5. Select the Console window and enter Play mode
6. Move the mouse around and observe the values output to the Console window
Expected result: Mouse Position in the world-space and on the Canvas relative to the Position on-screen is returned
Actual result: (0, 0, 0) and (0, 0) are returned constantly
Reproducible with: 2018.4.32f1, 2019.4.21f1, 2020.2.7f1, 2021.1.0b9, 2021.2.0a7
- Increasing the Plane Distance just by a little bit, for example to 0.3001 instead of 0.3, resolves the issue
- RectTransformUtility.ScreenPointToWorldPointInRectangle() and RectTransformUtility.ScreenPointToLocalPointInRectangle() are the functions with the issue, other functions work as expected
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [WebGL] ExposedReference<Transform>.Resolve() is not generated correctly in WebGL
- Resizing Profiler Module Details panel and releasing mouse button outside Unity doesn't cancel resize
- "Auto-hide gizmos" preference is not saved when reopening the project
- Sampling a custom depth texture on a machine with a GTX 1080 makes object's textures display the wrong color when in Play mode or Player
- Terrain is missing the Hidden/TerrainEngine/Details/WavingDoublePass shader when AssetBundles are built in older Unity Versions