Search Issue Tracker
[Rect Transform]Editor starts hanging/crashes when setting "Rect Transform" width or height to a large number
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open attached project.
2. Open scene named "main".
3. In the "Hierarchy" window select UI object named "Button".
4. In the "Inspector" press on width or height field of "Rect Transform" component to enter a number.
5. Try pressing any number key until entered number becomes so large that the Editor starts hanging or crashes.
The Editor should not hang/crash when a large number is entered or there should be some limits that would define how large can be the number that a specific field can contain.
5.2.4f1, 5.3.4f1, 5.3.5f1, 5.3.5p1, 5.4.0b18.
Cannot reproduce with:
It seems to work when using a copy-paste method to enter a number and not entering all the digits one-by-one using numeric keypad.
Note: GIF attached. Also, user attached a short video that clearly explains the issue.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [2D Game kit] "Import parameters got modified during import" error is thrown when opening up the project for the first time
- Building subscenes without platform package doesn't work
- Picking stacked objects always selects prefab
- Crash on DebugStringToFilePostprocessedStacktrace when loading/unloading scenes on GetLightmapSettings() returning null pointer
- [macOS]Hinge Joint with Mesh Collider causes a crash on a specific project