Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.1.X
Fixed in 2021.2.X
Recent Scenes break after upgrading project
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open project from Case 1300104
2. Open any scene inside the project
3. Open another (different) scene
4. Go to File > Open Recent Scene
5. Pick an entry different from the currently open scene
Actual result: The scene doesn't open.
Expected result: The scene opens or it shouldn't be added to the "Open Recent Scene" menu.
Note: this issue only appears when upgrading a project from any earlier version to 2021.2.0a5 or above. The Recent Scene functionality was changed to store scene entries by GUID rather than by a string path inside the EditorUserSettings and that fails to upgrade properly.
Workaround: delete all entries related to RecentlyUsedScenePath from YourProject/UserSettings/EditorUserSettings.asset after upgrading to 2021.2.0a5 or later. This way there will be no dangling string entries that break the Open Recent Scene menu.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [UI] Color picker tool is stuck in the pixel sampling stage
- Unity 2019.4 opens the manual and scripting reference for 2020.3
- [Mac] Script recompilation window shows up but doesn't recompile scripts after focusing unity by clicking on the system tabs
- 'View documentation' doesn't open an offline documentation when the package is added from a local disk
- Public variable's value is unable to be changed when it's above a CustomPropertyDrawer field