Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.3
Really short videos stutter when played in the Inspector or Video Player
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached project (videoflicker.zip)
2. In the Assets, navigate to "out_60f.mp4"
3. Play the video in the Inspector, notice the fluid movement
4. In the Assets, navigate to "out_15f.mp4"
5. Play the video in the Inspector, notice the stuttering
Expected result: Both longer and shorter videos play fluidly
Actual result: The shorter video stutters once played
Reproducible with: 2017.1.0f1, 2017.1.4f1, 2017.2.3f1, 2017.4.4f1, 2018.1.2f1, 2018.2.0b5
Notes: The issue reproduces on both .webm and .mp4 formats. Playing the scenes which have a Video Player in them reproduces the issue as well. Sometimes, trying to play the shorter video throws an error: WindowsVideoMedia error 0xc00d36e5 while reading C:/projects/videoflicker/Assets/out_15f.mp4
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- The main loop is never scheduled in 2018.x when build starts in background
- EditorApplication.isPlaying value is true when calling it in OnDisable() and Entering Play Mode
- "Entering Playmode with Reload Domain disabled" log appears when Configurable Enter Play Mode is enabled and pressing Play
- [2D] [Lost Crypt Demo] null texture passed to GUI.DrawTexture warning when opening demo
- Editor freezes and silently crashes when an object with SerializeReference is assigned an object with System.Obsolete attribute