Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.3
Really short videos stutter when played in the Inspector or Video Player
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached project (videoflicker.zip)
2. In the Assets, navigate to "out_60f.mp4"
3. Play the video in the Inspector, notice the fluid movement
4. In the Assets, navigate to "out_15f.mp4"
5. Play the video in the Inspector, notice the stuttering
Expected result: Both longer and shorter videos play fluidly
Actual result: The shorter video stutters once played
Reproducible with: 2017.1.0f1, 2017.1.4f1, 2017.2.3f1, 2017.4.4f1, 2018.1.2f1, 2018.2.0b5
Notes: The issue reproduces on both .webm and .mp4 formats. Playing the scenes which have a Video Player in them reproduces the issue as well. Sometimes, trying to play the shorter video throws an error: WindowsVideoMedia error 0xc00d36e5 while reading C:/projects/videoflicker/Assets/out_15f.mp4
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Renaming a Scene deletes its GameObjects when a Scene with that name was already deleted
- Crash on GameObject::ActivateAwakeRecursively when exiting Play Mode
- [Asset Bundles] Bundles are not cached when using certain request URLs
- [URP] Color correction effects are applied to overlay camera when only being added to the base camera
- Ribbon trail with Attach Ribbons To Transform checked and Simulation Space property set to World is attached to (0,0,0) position