Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.3.X
ReadPixels behave differently on DX12 when the project is set to Linear color space
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open the attached project
2. Open SampleScene
3. Make sure the projects rendering settings are set to Linear and DX11
4. Press play, a new texture will be created in the Assets folder
5. Exit play mode, Switch to DX12
6. Press play and another texture will be created in the Assets folder
Expected/Actual results: Both textures should be the same. They aren't.
Reproducible with: 2018.1.0a2, 2018.1.2f1, 2018.2.0b7
Not reproducible with: 2017.4.5f1, 2018.1.0a1
Note: When the project is set to Linear color space, doing a ReadPixels and saving the resulting picture gives different results between DX11 and DX12. In DX12 it looks like there's a double Linear -> sRGB conversion taking place at some point.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- The Editor becomes unresponsive and memory allocation errors are spammed in the Console when Generating Lightning
- Crash on BatchApplyPropertiesFromSourceAssetDB when opening a specific project
- Scene view Camera cannot be moved with WASD/QE keys when the Right Mouse Button is held down and the Mouse is not moved
- Crash when calling default interface method from virtual method with same name
- [Android] Unity does not include the ".aab" extension for an AppBundle when it is built via script with the buildPlayerOptions.locationPathName = "AppName.apk" and EditorUserBuildSettings.buildAppBundle = true