Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.3
ReadPixels behave differently on DX12 when the project is set to Linear color space
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open the attached project
2. Open SampleScene
3. Make sure the projects rendering settings are set to Linear and DX11
4. Press play, a new texture will be created in the Assets folder
5. Exit play mode, Switch to DX12
6. Press play and another texture will be created in the Assets folder
Expected/Actual results: Both textures should be the same. They aren't.
Reproducible with: 2018.1.0a2, 2018.1.2f1, 2018.2.0b7
Not reproducible with: 2017.4.5f1, 2018.1.0a1
Note: When the project is set to Linear color space, doing a ReadPixels and saving the resulting picture gives different results between DX11 and DX12. In DX12 it looks like there's a double Linear -> sRGB conversion taking place at some point.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [macOS] Empty error appears in the Console window when certain files are present in the project with macOS Catalina
- Builds that contain terrain using the Nature/Terrain/Standard shader produce errors when run in headless mode
- When the registry value for "TimeZoneKeyName" is invalid, "TimeZoneNotFoundException" exceptions are thrown
- [2018.4] UnityWebRequest.java has a sHostnameVerifier which doesn't have server identity check implemented
- Secondary hidden Hierarchy windows pop up when a new gameObject is created in another Hierarchy window