Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.3
ReadPixels behave differently on DX12 when the project is set to Linear color space
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open the attached project
2. Open SampleScene
3. Make sure the projects rendering settings are set to Linear and DX11
4. Press play, a new texture will be created in the Assets folder
5. Exit play mode, Switch to DX12
6. Press play and another texture will be created in the Assets folder
Expected/Actual results: Both textures should be the same. They aren't.
Reproducible with: 2018.1.0a2, 2018.1.2f1, 2018.2.0b7
Not reproducible with: 2017.4.5f1, 2018.1.0a1
Note: When the project is set to Linear color space, doing a ReadPixels and saving the resulting picture gives different results between DX11 and DX12. In DX12 it looks like there's a double Linear -> sRGB conversion taking place at some point.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Linux Hub] A new instance of the Hub does not have a Taskbar icon
- Mesh Inspector becomes slow to use when inspecting a large Mesh with Blend Shapes
- [Metal] GfxDeviceMetal::CreateComputeProgram does not check inputs
- The Modes button of the the SerializedField MinMaxGradient is not clickable in the Inspector when indentLevel is more than 0
- Input.GetKey for Left Shift returns true when Right Shift is held down and Left Shift is pressed (and vice versa)