Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 2018.3
ReadPixels behave differently on DX12 when the project is set to Linear color space
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open the attached project
2. Open SampleScene
3. Make sure the projects rendering settings are set to Linear and DX11
4. Press play, a new texture will be created in the Assets folder
5. Exit play mode, Switch to DX12
6. Press play and another texture will be created in the Assets folder
Expected/Actual results: Both textures should be the same. They aren't.
Reproducible with: 2018.1.0a2, 2018.1.2f1, 2018.2.0b7
Not reproducible with: 2017.4.5f1, 2018.1.0a1
Note: When the project is set to Linear color space, doing a ReadPixels and saving the resulting picture gives different results between DX11 and DX12. In DX12 it looks like there's a double Linear -> sRGB conversion taking place at some point.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Windows High DPI scaling breaks Graphics.DrawTexture
- Particle system billboard particles are invisible when specific "3D Start Rotation" with "Random Between 2 Constants" is applied
- Preview Camera has wrong CameraType when Camera preview is present on Scene View
- Scaling the box in Events Example of ExtOSC plugin causes Unity to crash
- [HDRP] The Game Object is invisible in the Scene and Shader Graph prieview when the Transform node set World to Object position