Search Issue Tracker
Raycasting to and from a Character Controller doesn't hit intended target
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open my attached project inside "case_806527 Raycastproblem" file.
2. Select "Test Broken - Camera too high" scene.
3. Press play button in toolbar.
--- There are two raycasts. One comes from "FPCamera" object and another from "Capsule" object which is always directed into "FPCamera" object.
4. Open console.
--- "Capsule" object Raycast should hit "FPSController" object (because "FPCamera" object is inside of "FPSController" object) and show it on console window but it doesn't.
5. Press play button again.
6. Select "Test Works - Camera lower" scene.
7. Press play button in toolbar.
--- "FPCamera" camera object in this scene is 0.05 lower in Y axis than in previous scene.
8. Open console.
--- "Capsule" object Raycast hits "FPController" object and now console shows this detection.
Reproduced in: 5.4.0b23, 5.3.5p3, 5.3.1f1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Reflection Probe doesn't load until it's selected in the Hierarchy window when the project has been opened
- "ArgumentNullException" error in the Console when selecting certain ScriptableObjects and entering Play Mode
- Configurable joints become bouncier when setting "Bounciness" below 1
- Prefabs get corrupted when editing Particle System curves
- Colors on images become darker when enabling "Vertex Color Always in Gamma Color Space"