Search Issue Tracker
Under Consideration for 2023.1.X, 2023.2.X, 2023.3.X
In Progress in 2022.3.X
[Quest 2] Running Entities Graphics/BatchRendererGroup under Vulkan results in a frame rate drop compared to OpenGLES 3 and causes Tile Binning to cost more
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open the attached project "URPBRG.zip"
2. Go to Player Settings and make sure that the Graphics API is set to Vulkan
3. Make sure that in the Build Settings, only the scene YRD_A1_Yard_Day_Env_Scene_Entities is enabled for the Scenes In Build.
4. Make sure that the Development Build and Autoconnect Profiler options are enabled
5. Build and deploy the app to an Oculus Quest 2 device
6. When the app is deployed, open up the Profiler and start recording
7. Save the profiler data and also take note that the frame rate is around 60-70 fps.
8. Now switch the Graphics API under Player Settings to OpenGLES 3
9. Build and deploy the same scene to the quest 2 device and capture a profile of the app running on the quest 2 device. You will see that the frame rate fluctuates around 72 FPS.
10. Compare the profiler data (OpenGLES 3) captured in Step 9 and the profiler data (Vulkan) in Step 7. You will see that the frame rate for OpenGLES 3 is higher overall compared to Vulkan when BRG/Entities Graphics is beign in used.
Expected results: Running Entities Graphics/BatchRendererGroup under Vulkan does not result in a frame rate drop compared to OpenGLES 3 and does not cause Tile Binning to cost more
Actual Results: Running Entities Graphics/BatchRendererGroup under Vulkan results in a frame rate drop compared to OpenGLES 3 and causes Tile Binning to cost more
Reproducible in: Entities Graphics 1.0.0 - pre.65 (2022.2.19f1, 2023.1.0b18, 2023.2.0a16)
Could not test on: 2020.3.48f1, 2021.3.26f1 due to package errors when downgrading
Reproducible on these devices:
VLNQA00415 - Oculus Quest 2 (Quest 2), CPU: Snapdragon XR2, GPU: Adreno 650, OS: 10
Environment tested on: Windows 10
-You can find a more complete conversation here: https://forum.unity.com/threads/entities-graphics-on-mobile-tile-binning-cost-is-higher-compared-to-not-using-entities-graphics.1437022/
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Sprite Atlas remains loaded in memory after scene change or unloading assets
- Referred style sheet stays dirty after saving when using the UIBuilder
- The Height map Amplitude is not working when using HDRP/LayeredLit
- Infinite inertial tensor rotation values are not discarded (both AB and RB)
- Crash at "UnityEngine.Object:FindObjectsOfType" when quitting the Player