Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2019.2.X
[Project Settings] Unity crashes when a VFX is playing and the VFX project settings are reset
The default settings in Project Settings - VFX start off without any compute shaders assignments. (new in 19.3 / 7.0.0?)
Manually assigning them and resetting the settings causes Unity to crash if a VFX is present in the scene.
1. Open CrashScene from the attached project
2. Make sure the VFX is playing in the scene
3. Go to Project Settings - VFX
4. Click Reset from the gear icon
5. Unity crashes
- Should not crash
- Besides the crash, the compute shader settings should not start off empty, as there are no error messages to communicate why particles are not appearing
- A console warning should be added if the compute shaders are not set, with a helpful nudge as to where they might be found (Visual Effect Graph/Shaders).
========== OUTPUTTING STACK TRACE ==================
0x00007FF623EFDFF8 (Unity) ComputeShader::SetValueParam
0x00007FF621C415F7 (Unity) VFXManager::SortBufferCommand
0x00007FF621C3F12B (Unity) VFXCommandList::Process
0x00007FF621C3EFF7 (Unity) VFXManager::OnBeforeCameraRender
0x00007FF622A351DC (Unity) Camera::RenderEditorCamera
0x00007FF622A36553 (Unity) Camera::RenderEditorCamera
0x00007FF623343258 (Unity) Handles_CUSTOM_Internal_DrawCameraWithGrid
0x000002F2B39D4D8B (Mono JIT Code) (wrapper managed-to-native) UnityEditor.Handles:Internal_DrawCameraWithGrid (UnityEngine.Camera,UnityEditor.DrawCameraMode,UnityEditor.DrawGridParameters&,bool)
0x000002F2B399D4A3 (Mono JIT Code) [C:\buildslave\unity\build\Editor\Mono\Handles.cs:1351] UnityEditor.Handles:DrawCameraImpl (UnityEngine.Rect,UnityEngine.Camera,UnityEditor.DrawCameraMode,bool,UnityEditor.DrawGridParameters,bool,bool)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- The terrain appears darker when "Per-pixel Normal" is enabled
- [Linux] Editor assertion causes Test Runner to fail when executing it in Batch Mode
- Color selection by the mouse cursor is still enabled when the "Esc" button is pressed
- Game view becomes black and the Scene window becomes grey, “ArgumentOutOfRangeException” errors and “Render Pipeline error” warnings appear after changing the name or deleting URP/HDRP global settings file
- Transform Component is not accessible inside the Player when RuntimeInitializeOnLoadMethod is used
Aug 16, 2019 15:05
I still have the same problem, did you find any luck with this?