Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 2018.2
[PLM] Double Sided GI is not rendered when occluder uses transparency texture
How to reproduce:
1. Open Unity
2. Load user-submitted project (Trans_DoubleSided.zip)
3. Open scene 'test.unity'
4. Bake lighting (notice shadows)
5. Clear lightmap data
6. Change 'Plane (1)' game object material shader to 'Transparent_LM'
7. Bake lighting again (notice result without shadows)
8. Check 'Scene view' in 'Texel Validity' mode (notice invalid texels)
Expected result: Shadows are rendered during both bake processes
Actual result: Lightmapper produces invalid texels and doesn't render shadows in the second bake process
* In version 2017.3.0a2 Double Sided GI works exactly as intended
Reproducible with - 2017.1.3f1, 2017.2.1p1, 2017.3.0a3, 2017.3.0p1
Not reproducible with - 2017.1.2p2, 2017.2.0p1, 2017.3.0a2
Could not test: 5.6.5f1, 2017.1.0a6 (Double Sided GI was not compatible with Progressive Lightmapper yet)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Opening Version control window while Work Offline is enabled will cause editor to keep trying to connect to VCS server
- [Gameroom] InputField doesn't accept characters after minimising a maximised window
- Missing Avatar assignement in A$ "Mecanim GDC2013 Sample Project"
- [OSX] Menu item becomes inactive if custom window is closed before progress bar.
- Reimporting FBX without Animations causes the Mesh to move to another position but the Pivot remains in the same position