Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 2018.2
[PLM] Double Sided GI is not rendered when occluder uses transparency texture
How to reproduce:
1. Open Unity
2. Load user-submitted project (Trans_DoubleSided.zip)
3. Open scene 'test.unity'
4. Bake lighting (notice shadows)
5. Clear lightmap data
6. Change 'Plane (1)' game object material shader to 'Transparent_LM'
7. Bake lighting again (notice result without shadows)
8. Check 'Scene view' in 'Texel Validity' mode (notice invalid texels)
Expected result: Shadows are rendered during both bake processes
Actual result: Lightmapper produces invalid texels and doesn't render shadows in the second bake process
* In version 2017.3.0a2 Double Sided GI works exactly as intended
Reproducible with - 2017.1.3f1, 2017.2.1p1, 2017.3.0a3, 2017.3.0p1
Not reproducible with - 2017.1.2p2, 2017.2.0p1, 2017.3.0a2
Could not test: 5.6.5f1, 2017.1.0a6 (Double Sided GI was not compatible with Progressive Lightmapper yet)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Hub] Two identical HDRP templates are shown in new project creation when selecting 2019.1.8f1 or 2019.1.7f1 version
- (Asset DB v1) Deleted Metadata is re-imported based on asset (as opposed to on default behaviour) created off
- [GraphView] Nodes are displayed white on Linux
- Serialized bodyMask property appends to itself with each reimport if clipAnimations is modified in OnPostProcess
- [Interactions] Some Interactions don't have the correct startTime, time and duration in callbackContext.