Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.2.X
[Presets] Inconsistent behaviour of Preset.PropertyModifications when excluding/including properties
1. Open the attached project ("case_1229273-PresetPropertyModifications.zip")
2. Open Editor window via "Window -> PropertyModificationsWindow"
3. Drag the 'TransformPreset0' asset from the project window into the object field in PropertyModificationsWindow
4. Observe Preset.PropertyModifications returning an array of 14 elements
5. Exclude all properties for 'TransformPreset0' asset via the inspector context menu (three dots button to the right of asset name in the inspector)
6. Observe all property modifications returned are empty
7. Include all properties one by one via the 'TransformPreset0' in Inspector - Right-click "Position", "Rotation" and "Scale" and click "Include property"
8. Observe Preset.PropertyModifications returning an array of 24 elements
9. Include all properties for 'TransformPreset0' asset via inspector context menu "Include all properties".
10. Observe Preset.PropertyModifications returning an array of 14 elements while asset inspector looks the same
Expected result: Preset modification array length remains the same
Actual result: Manually including all the properties after they were excluded yields a preset with more elements in modification array(in this case 24)
Reproducible with: 2020.1.0b6, 2020.2.0a7
Couldn't test with: 2017.4 (presets not supported), 2018.4, 2019.3 (manual include/exclude of fields is not supported)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Poor performance when loading or unloading a large Scene
- Go wide on shader compression
- Scene is brighter in Standalone player if it was open in the Editor at build time
- [Android] APP becomes unresponsive and crashes with ANR errors
- Speech Recognition is not supported error is thrown when setting Unity Hub and Unity version to run as an administrator