Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.1.X
Fixed in 2020.3.X, 2021.1.X, 2021.2.X
Prefab's overridden properties aren't transferred when copying it to another Prefab
How to reproduce:
1. Open the user's attached "CopyPasteBug.zip" project
2. In the Project window double-click on the "CopyFromMe" Prefab
3. In the Hierarchy select the "CopyMe" GameObject and press "ctrl+c"
4. In the Project window double-click on the PasteIntoMe Prefab
5. Click on the Hierarchy and press "ctrl+v"
Expected results: The copied GameObject has the Cube mesh attached to it
Actual results: The copied GameObject has no mesh
Reproducible with: 2020.3.5f1, 2020.3.10f1, 2021.1.9f1, 2021.2.0a18
Not reproducible with: 2018.4.35f1, 2019.4.26f1, 2020.3.4f1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Animator with nested avatar root show missing properties in the Animation Window
- System.Threading.Task tasks cause stall when used in WebGL
- [Package Manager] Access denied when installing some packages
- SerializedProperty.DataEquals returns true for two strings that are different
- Prefab is glitchy when editing in Prefab Mode in a custom UI Environment