Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.2.X
Prefab Variant Instance's Component Positions in the Inspector are inconsistent when added from inside the Prefab Mode
How to reproduce:
1. Open the "SampleScene1" Scene in the attached "ComponentPositionDidntPropagate.zip" Project
2. Double click "Canvas Variant.prefab" in the Project View to enter Prefab Mode
3. Add "Event System" and "Standalone Input Module" Component on the Prefab
4. Add a new Script as a Component
5. Save Prefab and come back to the Scene
6. Observe the "Canvas" GameObject in the Scene
Expected Behaviour: The Components are in the same place where you added them
Actual Behaviour: the Components randomly spread in the GameObjects Inspector
Reproducible with: 2018.4.3f1, 2019.1.8f1, 2019.2.0b7, 2019.3.0a8
Note: Also, moving the Components Up or Down in the Prefab Mode does not change anything - the Position is reset once you enter Prefab Mode again. Could not test on 2017.4 as there is no Prefab Mode.
Jul 15, 2021 20:16
To reiterate what others have said, this is absolutely not a cosmetic issue, as it influences component initialization order. This completely breaks a component system we have developed and makes prefab variants useless.
Please fix. This is an embarrassing bug.
Dec 16, 2020 09:36
This issue effects the order of execution of the attached components so it leads to different behaviors than expected
Dec 12, 2020 21:19
I have to mention that it is not only a costemic issue.
To us, it breaks our working process and best practices.
The more things are in order, the quicker you find it.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- The terrain appears darker when "Per-pixel Normal" is enabled
- [Linux] Editor assertion causes Test Runner to fail when executing it in Batch Mode
- Color selection by the mouse cursor is still enabled when the "Esc" button is pressed
- Game view becomes black and the Scene window becomes grey, “ArgumentOutOfRangeException” errors and “Render Pipeline error” warnings appear after changing the name or deleting URP/HDRP global settings file
- Transform Component is not accessible inside the Player when RuntimeInitializeOnLoadMethod is used
Resolution Note (fix version 2022.2):
Fixed in 2022.2.0a4