Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2019.1
Fixed in 2018.2, 2018.3
Prefab rotation offset is ignored on prefab instance at runtime
When entering runtime (Editor>Play) the prefab rotation offset, of 90' in this case, is ignored and causes the prefab to be offset by 90' at runtime.
This is my best guess at what the issues is, but definitely a regression causing my Generic Root Motion to be aligned down the X-axis, instead of the expected Z-axis forward direction.
- Import attached "Prefab_RM_bug.unitypackage" into a new Project
- Drop "CAVECRAWLER" prefab into scene
- Click the Editor Play button...
Bug: with the root selected, notice that the forward direction of the creature down the local X-axis, 90' off the expected orientation... use arrows to move.
see attached a7_BAD_Result.gif
Expected: the forward direction of the creature down the local Z-axis.
see attached a6_ExpectedResult.gif
this is a regression...
Version 2018.3.0a7 (a7130d85cac7)
Not repro in...
Version 2018.3.0a6 (33e5def6e55f)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Dynamic Clipping works poorly with large scenes / terrains with the pivot point is near
- [UWP] Deploying wrong architecture through device portal ends up running a different app
- [MacOS] Standalone build contains .meta files inside native plugin bundles
- Progressive lightmapper leaks memory upon subsequent scene switches and bakes
- [AssetBundle] "The referenced script (Unknown) on this Behaviour is missing!" errors when loading object from Asset Bundle