Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2019.1
Fixed in 2018.2, 2018.3
Prefab rotation offset is ignored on prefab instance at runtime
When entering runtime (Editor>Play) the prefab rotation offset, of 90' in this case, is ignored and causes the prefab to be offset by 90' at runtime.
This is my best guess at what the issues is, but definitely a regression causing my Generic Root Motion to be aligned down the X-axis, instead of the expected Z-axis forward direction.
- Import attached "Prefab_RM_bug.unitypackage" into a new Project
- Drop "CAVECRAWLER" prefab into scene
- Click the Editor Play button...
Bug: with the root selected, notice that the forward direction of the creature down the local X-axis, 90' off the expected orientation... use arrows to move.
see attached a7_BAD_Result.gif
Expected: the forward direction of the creature down the local Z-axis.
see attached a6_ExpectedResult.gif
this is a regression...
Version 2018.3.0a7 (a7130d85cac7)
Not repro in...
Version 2018.3.0a6 (33e5def6e55f)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Vulkan] Wrong aspect ratio in fullscreen of Standalone build when selected screen resolution is not native
- [iOS 12] [Metal] IOAF code 4 error freeze because of tessellation shader
- 'A tree couldn't be loaded because the prefab is missing' error is thrown when importing package with Terrain Asset with Trees
- [Mac] Crash on ioAccelResourceListAddNewGroupAndResource when importing a large COLLADA model
- Prefab referenced Game Object is not removed from the Scene files when the reference field gets deleted