Search Issue Tracker
Prefab artifact is left in the Project window when deleting the Prefab
1. Create a new project
2. Create any GameObject in the Hierarchy window
3. Make a Prefab with created GameObject
4. Delete the Prefab from the Project window and observe
Expected result: The Prefab is deleted without any artifacts left
Actual result: The Prefab name is left in the Project window
Reproducible with: 2022.1.0a4, 2022.1.0a6
Not reproducible with: 2019.4.29f1, 2020.3.16f1, 2021.1.17f1, 2021.2.0b9, 2022.1.0a3
- When trying to delete the left artifact, a warning is thrown: "The operation "SoftDelete" cannot be executed because the selection is a root folder."
- When trying to drag the prefab artifact to another folder, an error is thrown: "Assertion failed on expression: 'm_hasValue'"
- Navigating to another folder and back to the folder where the prefab artifacts were, fixes the issue
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Backport] [WIN 8 KN/N]VideoPlayer inadequate error reporting on errorReceived callback when Media Player is not present
- [Backport] Gradient mode getter/setter does not have thread-safe access preventing proper serialization/deserialization
- [Backport] A false pop-up appears when modifying a script and having Recompile After Finished Playing set
- Crash when replacing a missing Script in a Prefab with another invalid Script
- [Backport] [WebGL] Profiler does not autoconnect on WebGL builds