Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.1.X
Possible Regression: EditorApplication.ExecuteMenuItem won't execute a menu item hidden by an active Editor Mode
Load the attached project.
Under the Metacast menu there are two items of note. Toggle will toggle in and out of Metacast mode, and Execute Menu Test will attempt to execute the menu item "GameObject/3D Object/Cube"
Depending on which mode the project is in when you open it, use the toggle if neccesary to ensure the editor is NOT in Metacast mode
Execute the Menu Test and see that a Cube is created
Next, use Metacast->Toggle to go into Metacast mode
Execute Menu Test again and note the console error and no cube is created
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [VFX Graph] VFX graph is still dark when using Light Mode
- The Rotation of Child GameObject with the Interpolating RigidBody is set to a random number when changing the Rotation of Parent GameObject
- [Shader Graph] Shader graph is still dark when using Light Mode
- [Android] QosService.Instance.GetSortedMultiplayQosResultsAsync crashes Player when it's built
- [Linux][IL2CPP] Player is not killed when using xkill command
Resolution Note (fix version 2022.1):
This is by design. Our menu rework now enforce calling an existing menu item with EditorApplication.ExecuteMenuItem.