Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 4.6.4
plugin crash on initialization at 0 width
-e: Unity Web Player is initialized in a div that has 0 width. In IE, Firefox, and Chrome, this results in a "Couldn't switch to requested monitor" (see attached "Error.png")
In the Web Player logs, the key line (I think) regarding the error is:
"D3D device reset failed [E_INVALIDARG]
(Filename: Line: 357)
Switching to resolution 0x0 failed, trying lower one
All resolution switches have failed
Screen: could not switch resolution (0x0 fs=0 hz=59)"
Some passing and failing logs are in the "Logs" directory.
2) How can we reproduce it using the example you attached
Open the "zero.html" file in the attached project. (make sure the Unity plugin is not blocked by the browser)
I've boiled it down to a minimum reproduceable example. It appears that using the old UnityObject.js (that gets used with the normal Unity 3.5.7 build) has it fail siliently. (it just shows the "Install Unity" button as though you don't have it installed) Using UnityObject2.js will cause the failure.
"ten.html" is the same file, but instead of a 0 pixel container, it has a 10 pixel container.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Window stays outside the display when switching from multiple monitors to a single monitor
- The unused shaders are still being tracked when Asynchronous Shader compilation is enabled
- CIL Linker errors are thrown when building with IL2CPP/WebGL
- Some normal maps has ripple effect and appears to be lower in quality when using default compression settings
- <color=red><></color> does not work with 呸 symbol